2.0 Turbo freelander

jules

Is the Tomcat rover 2.0 lt turbo engine so diffrant from the 1.8 block

Basicly would it fit a freelander engine bay and mounts

Would the gearbox be a bolt on fit

There very cheap on Ebay and bet it would make a old 1.8 freelander go like ---- of a stick

looking from above it all lookes basicly the same block ?????

9b_1_b.JPG

• 3 months later...

Er...........not exactly.......

The 2litre turbo can be fitted into a car that had a 1.8VVC. Its been done with MGZR's for example. However the norm is to also change the box.

The bellhousing is different although its the same PG1 box. I dont know alot about freelanders, but is the box the same as a car type box or is there a trasnfer box grafted on there somehow?

If its a car type box it'd be pretty easy. If not you might be getting into swapping gearbox casings over etc, as the PG1 box doesnt have a bellhousing as such like a traditional landroer gearbox has.

HTH

Jon

Tomcat engine is a T series. The M series is the older engine fitted to the earlier (MK1) rover 800 series tickford turbos, and maestro/montego turbos etc.

Marko runs a 2litre T series turbo mated to an LT77 using the bellhousing from a Sherpa vna (I beleive 2 litre).

I'm not sure if this bellhousing is the same as that fitted to an MPi disco or not however.

Jon