Part # required - Temp gauge & sender for V8

Can anyone tell me a part # for a temp sender that will fit a V8 EFi and a Defender style 52mm gauge that will work properly with it? Or am I better off just buying an aftermarket one - in which case does anyone have any recommendations that aren't mega-money?

Oh and no I don't want capillary gauges.

Can anyone tell me a part # for a temp sender that will fit a V8 EFi and a Defender style 52mm gauge that will work properly with it? Or am I better off just buying an aftermarket one - in which case does anyone have any recommendations that aren't mega-money?

Oh and no I don't want capillary gauges.

I have got a brand new sender that I was given. I was told that it is from a V8 military snatch Land Rover. So I guess a carb version?

No part number on it except the B constant (B730)

I am curious though. Why no capillary gauges?

Regards,

Paul.

I have got a brand new sender that I was given. I was told that it is from a V8 military snatch Land Rover. So I guess a carb version?

No part number on it except the B constant (B730)

I am curious though. Why no capillary gauges?

Regards,

Paul.

my temp sender is the yellow 300tdi one as that is matched to the gauge in the vehicle. I also have a capillary one. It does not matter what sender you use as long as the gauge is matched to it.

paul

Fridge, I am in a similar boat. I have the sender from the 3.5/3.9 efi install (assume the 3.5 flapper sender was put back onto it) hooked up to the original V8 Defender guage. It does read a lot hotter than it should (here's me hoping!). Fortunately I still have the original V8 carb sender but haven't tried it yet so not sure if thread and size is the same. When it stops raining and I can get back onto it again I will let you know, but in theory, I guess this is probably your best option.

Don't some of the original installs have resistors in-line to 'tune' the output? Maybe another option.

I have a original LR sender you can have for postage cost. (if you sort out that compressor brkt i wanted ;) )

If its an aftermarket gauge, you really need the corret one of the gauge, as they seem to vary.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick information update.

The sender from my original V8 SU card setup (white/opaque top) fitted straight into the efi (flapper) manifold which had a sender with a red top - with no problems i.e thread and size the same.

It seems to have sorted the 'reading hot' issue (thankfully :D ).