Plasma12 deal

pugwash

Andy T has been very good and offered a pretty stonking deal on 11mm plasma12. Whilst i wanted 12mm, the price difference has put me off.

Say which colour you prefer from Red, Black, Orange, Green, Blue and Purple. One with most votes wins althuogh i reserve the right to change it at the last minute.

As ever i'm not making any cash, but am hapy to do all the organising as long as poeple happily pick up the tab for delivery tp them. Money up front i'm afraid as i don't have £2.5k in the bank at the moment!

I'm good for 250ft of the stuff in green (because no one else has green).

ME : 250ft green (blue)

Tony C: 120ft Blue (green or purple)

Les H: 110Ft no colour pref

EDITED TO ADD- some confusion on my part as to prices and such- Andy is willing to do us a very good deal, but it is dependant heavily on quantities ordered. If you want an indication of price then please PM me.

When's the closing date for this Jim ? I've been looking at a similar deal with a local rope/wirerope/lifting tackle supplier but i'm having trouble getting a definitive figure off them...waiting for a reply atm.

If you use plasma as an extension is it better to use a higher rated rope than the one on the winch or the same spec?

cheers

Steveb

120ft of purple would be good....can i have an idea of price before i confirm tho pls :) (if 120ft will fit on my EP9?)

Smo - a mate has 100ft of 11mm on his EPi9 and that is absolutely the max that will go on, he is usually left with around 5ft off the drum that he hooks onto the cage

Lewis :)

ME : 250ft green (blue)

Tony C: 120ft Blue (green or purple)

Les H: 110Ft no colour pref

Andy B: 120Ft (blue or purple)

Smo: 100Ft No Col Pref To Confirm

V8Camel: 200ft (you only get one colour)

Running total: 800ft

hey lewis-

for this deal, only the 11mm- Andy professes that the only people he has sold the big 12.7mm stuff to is Jez and Dan (dirtydiesel)!

Okay, thanks anyway

But I dont want 12.7mm (1/2") I want 14mm as listed on the ruftraks website

Mr Tomlinson has denied selling this for offroad use in the past though

Lewis :)

Les,

I have 30m of 10mm on my XD9000 and that pretty much fills the drum, especially when put on as a "snakes nest" to avoid inter-layer binding.

I think that's plenty as when you start doing side pulls etc it will bunch pretty quickly and foul the top braces.

Hi All,

There seems to be a little confusion over the different sizes used on 4x4 offroad winches.

My guidleines are as follows:-

8mm - most 9000lbs winches for self recovery & green laning.

9.5mm - Most 9000lbs/12000lbs winches for self recovery & greenlaning and the odd bit of madness!

11mm - 4x4 winch challenge events and all of the above, but really over specified.

12mm - Lunatics & individuals with little or no regard for the care & attention of their equipment as this will take a shed load more abuse before letting go.

14mm - Never been supplied to anyone for 4x4 offroad applications - if you want it I am happy to supply - you will be the first and I will have to import it as a special order for you!!

Happy to answer any questions on this subject.

Regards,

Andy Thomlinson