Workshop manual for P38 ..also clock bulbs

chrisst2

Hi , can anyone recommend a workshop manual for the P38a DSE , I intend to keep the cost of owning the P38 down as much as possible by doing my own repairs , I have the RAVE manual on CD but do Haynes or even Land Rover produce a book version ?

Also ... my clock doesn't light up , assuming it is the bulb but how do you get the clock out to replace the bulb ?

thanks

Chris

Hi , can anyone recommend a workshop manual for the P38a DSE , I intend to keep the cost of owning the P38 down as much as possible by doing my own repairs , I have the RAVE manual on CD but do Haynes or even Land Rover produce a book version ?

Haynes don't do one - Landrover do......

And I have one for sale if you're interested - brand new (well never used) and surplus to requirements since I sold the P38.

Hi JSG

Many thanks for the reply , yes please to the manual , how do you want to do this , I can post you a cheque or postal orders ?

Postal Order is fine - or use Paypal if you like?

Clock Removal.

The stock information is in your RAVE, but you will soon be able to read it on paper.

The clock is only removed from the fascia switch moulding after that moulding is removed from the fascia itself. This calls for prior removal of the side panels.

You will find guidance on side panel removal, based on different practical experiences, not a Workshop Manual rewrite, in two places, rangerovers.net and http://www.rangie.com/articles_model.php?id=73&modelId=2

I suggest you read both, as which is most appropriate varies depending on what you find in your car when you start the job.

HTH

HTH

thanks g-rover, I have the RAVE cd but am really after a full workshop manual , something like the Haynes type, RAVE is good but doesn't seem to give the detail that the full books do , the sites suggested by David Sparkes are excellent tho , I guess I can just print those out as I do a job !.

cheers

Chris

PayPal is ok with me , can you let me have the total cost inc p&P and the paypal account , I can make the payment today.

many thanks

Chris

I'll send you a PM Chris.

Cheers

rave is the landrover workshop manual in pdf form Haynes is only good for very basic stuff and quite often this is confusing because the measurments switch between UK and US stick with the rave from the Green Oval search Ebab also have them but alot are NAS versions not UK