200tdi oil cooler thread size? is it 1/2' bsp

selectcase

Hopefully an easy one to answer? the oil cooler pipe connections male and female on the 200tdi are they 1/2 bsp and does anyone know if the 2.5td ones are the same? I may keep the series rad in my 88 rad and use a remote oil cooler, its all part of the plan so i can fit electric fans, intercooler etc and still keep an original look to the truck.

thanks in advance

will

Ralph, you sure on that one? I've got a set of NEW 200TDi (defender) oil cooler hoses on my desk in the wrappers coz they are the later (metric) ones and didn't fit the earlier 200TDi. Though looking at it I believe the adapters that screw into the oil cooler may be interchangeable to take the later hoses.

there are adaptors that screw in -- NRC8618 also listed for 2.5TD engine, the filter head to block gaskets is the same ERR3607, & I've fitted TD oil pressure & oil temp senders to my 200Tdi, they just screwed straight in.