G4's - Anyone know how many?

scrumps

Hi,

I've just bougt myself a G4 Disco. (Don't worry ...those that know me...I've still got the 90CSW.)

SWMBO wouldn't let me have her Bonatti Grey one so I've had to splash out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering...It's listed as a Ltd Edition, Yellow, Orange, Black & silver colours only but does anyone know... or can they point me in the direction of someone who knows..... how many were actually produced.

Cheers for the help.

Regards

Scrumps

Scrumps is it an ex G4 event vehicle, or one of the marketed ones.

Tangiers Orange "marketed one" unfortunately.

Low mileage, good spec at the right price with 18months warranty.

Couldn't not buy it .......if you know what I mean.

Regards

Scrumps

Pretty sure there wasn't a numbered run on the 'G4 Edition' vehicles, however, you definitely don't see many around, certainly not the Tangiers Orange and Borrega Yellow versions. IMHO, Orange G4 Disco's are so damned coool. Saw my very first orange one in the UK the other day and i've only ever seen one yellow model on the road. Only orange G4 Defender 90 I've seen was in my dealers when they launched the car and talking to people at Land Rover they only remember making a handful of yellow models. The spec wasn't that special as far as special editions go, but if you've got an orange or yellow model, the colour alone means you've probably got yourself quite a rare car

Land Rover are in the process of getting rid of their current G4 Defender fleet ahead of the new vehicles arriving for the G4 event in 2006. Before you rush to phone to buy one, a couple of weeks ago, they had just one left. I know this because my mate was offered one of the last ones by a contact at LR. Asking price was approx £18k-ish, but and it's a BIG but, the cars were being offered totally stripped of all their extras!

Kev

Land Rover are in the process of getting rid of their current G4 Defender fleet ahead of the new vehicles arriving for the G4 event in 2006. Before you rush to phone to buy one, a couple of weeks ago, they had just one left. I know this because my mate was offered one of the last ones by a contact at LR. Asking price was approx £18k-ish, but and it's a BIG but, the cars were being offered totally stripped of all their extras!

Kev

Kev, there was an ex-engineering G4 110 in the last LR closed auction. Not sure what it made though.

Hi Kev

Do you know why LR strip off all of the kit?? It seems to pop up at Equicar. Seems a stupid thing to do.

Cheers

Steve

I think it's Land Rovers squeeky clean legal dept worrying about public liability issues with bolt-ons. Probably the same reason why when the utility companies spec mud terrains and eight spokes or modulars on their 110's, Land Rover refuses to carry out the work.

Kev

PS How's that P38a coming along??

• 2 weeks later...