Just testing the water...does this valuation sound ok?

Hi all,

Just looking into a few possibilities here with my defender. as family dynamics change (teenagers leave) I find only 4 of us in the 110 these days. As your aware, there not the quickest/quietest ride compared to some alternatives for long distance road work... any i fancy some new toys :D .

So I'm thinking of selling the 110 (don't worry, another landy will be in the picture also).

Whats a 1993 200tdi worth?

Its a genuine 110 county. recon box, £4000 reciepts in last 4 year, 3 new doors (2 tatty ones), 7 forward facing seats, wright off road sound deadening, carpeted in rear, tinted windows :huh: ,waxoyle, new tyres, alloys, mint chassis, new x member, mot Tax etc. To be honest apart from the two doors (rot underneath), and 170,000 mile on the clock (mint engine, just drove 1200mile back from france without a blip) I ain't seen a better one that age....

I was thinking £4250 asking price. ...... is that reasonable or am I clearly delusional????

Jas

I think its a little high,, but it doesn't hurt to ask :o)

I sold a 90 200tdi, county spec, 6 seats mint condition with 70K on the clock for 3800 I think it was. but it was white... - horrible colour almost as bad as silver...

I did have it up for approx the same as you though.. just dropped the price for cash, and a few minor issues that I didn't know about.

Hi all,

Just looking into a few possibilities here with my defender. as family dynamics change (teenagers leave) I find only 4 of us in the 110 these days. As your aware, there not the quickest/quietest ride compared to some alternatives for long distance road work... any i fancy some new toys :D .

So I'm thinking of selling the 110 (don't worry, another landy will be in the picture also).

Whats a 1993 200tdi worth?

Its a genuine 110 county. recon box, £4000 reciepts in last 4 year, 3 new doors (2 tatty ones), 7 forward facing seats, wright off road sound deadening, carpeted in rear, tinted windows :huh: ,waxoyle, new tyres, alloys, mint chassis, new x member, mot Tax etc. To be honest apart from the two doors (rot underneath), and 170,000 mile on the clock (mint engine, just drove 1200mile back from france without a blip) I ain't seen a better one that age....

I was thinking £4250 asking price. ...... is that reasonable or am I clearly delusional????

Jas

cheers Pigster. Thanks for the view. i ask as I never see 110 county's up here.....except the odd TD5 new one up for sale.

still got to work out what I want to do really, but sounds like ask for £4k and take it from there.. or just hang on to it, I have the space...

Hi Mick. Didn't quite understand your post? I'm guessing you echo Pigsters view???

Cheers

Jas

I sold mine which was a 1991, 200tdi 110 CSW 170k last year for a bit more. If they are in really good nick, then you can ask a premium simply because there are not many around. I sold mine after a chap had seen it at Dunsfold, he knew what he was looking for and said he had seen so many basket cases. He couldn't get his money out fast enough.

So if you aren't in a hurry, take it to some shows with a sign in the window and see what happens! It may be worth replacing the bad doors with good used ones, then it finishes the job.

I sold mine which was a 1991, 200tdi 110 CSW 170k last year for a bit more. If they are in really good nick, then you can ask a premium simply because there are not many around. I sold mine after a chap had seen it at Dunsfold, he knew what he was looking for and said he had seen so many basket cases. He couldn't get his money out fast enough.

So if you aren't in a hurry, take it to some shows with a sign in the window and see what happens! It may be worth replacing the bad doors with good used ones, then it finishes the job.

cheers mate, Thanks for the reply.

i know what you mean about good ones, I flew 350 mile to get this one. Couldn't find a tidy 110 county for less than £10k at the time and I only had £5k in my pocket.