Speedglas 9000f

rekab69

Hi,

I treated myself to a Speedglas 9000f auto darkening helmet, secondhand of Ebay, it's came with out any instructions says it's a 3/11 shading is this adjustable cos I can't see a thing.....?

cheers

db

Hi,

I treated myself to a Speedglas 9000f auto darkening helmet, secondhand of Ebay, it's came with out any instructions says it's a 3/11 shading is this adjustable cos I can't see a thing.....?

cheers

db

if its got a dial then its adjustable if not then its a shade 3 (normal then self adjusting to 11 when welding).

11 is to dark for some people (i like to weld using shade 9).

Daz

if its got a dial then its adjustable if not then its a shade 3 (normal then self adjusting to 11 when welding).

11 is to dark for some people (i like to weld using shade 9).

Daz

Hi Daz,

There not a dial as far as I can see, do I have to but another lens for it or am I stuck with it auto darkening to a shade 11...?

cheers

Dave

Hi Daz,

There not a dial as far as I can see, do I have to but another lens for it or am I stuck with it auto darkening to a shade 11...?

cheers

Dave

some can be changed but you will find it cheaper to replace the helmet then just the lens.

boc sometimes do adjustable shade helmets for 50 notes. i hope you did not pay more for yours.

then again you can pay 500 notes for one (like the air filtered one i use at work).

Daz

turn it on - lights should flicker showing setting, press shade until you get the LED under the shade number you want

if in doubt change the batteries

I only have an off on button, should this make any difference if I press it after it's turned on..?

cheers

dave