gas bottle-mig welder

Daan

Lads,

I have a question for the welding stig or anyone else who has experience in the subject: I bought a mig welder some time ago, complete with a 200 litre bottle of gas. Off course, the gas has run out and now it needs a refill. Where can I take it for a refill, without anyone getting exited about me signing hire contracts and the like. I think i would be able to last a year with a bottle with the amount of welding i do and i am not keen on paying rent for something I dont use a lot.

Daan

The other "Method" is to by from EBay an empty bottle of whatever (prob agoshield) of the size that a "mate" has an account for :rolleyes:

Nige

I have accounts with BOC and Air products and would love not to pay over £1000 per year for the rental of my bottles. Any for sale?? I am looking for acetylene, oxy, co2 mix and argoshield.

I have a small acet and same size oxy, any way of filling them from a big bottle?

I have accounts with BOC and Air products and would love not to pay over £1000 per year for the rental of my bottles. Any for sale?? I am looking for acetylene, oxy, co2 mix and argoshield.

I have a small acet and same size oxy, any way of filling them from a big bottle?

Wow how many bottles do you have ? I pay £51 per year for a size X argoshield universal

Try to get all your mates onto one make and size of borrowed bottles, open an account for the correct size, fill all the bottles and then remember to close the account as they are very often on direct debit rental.

Scrapmen will sometimes exchange bottles for beer tokens.