Thanks for a great Day

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

Big thank you to James Trembath for a great day out yesterday. My husband (he who thinks he must be obeyed !!!) purchased me a days offroad driving tuition for my birthday. How romantic :).

The day started off early with a drive down to David Bowyers site at the back end of beyond. Squiffy tummy with nerves on the long drive down, James met me in the village and led me to the site. Before I had even received instruction I had to drive through big puddles to get there. That was the extent of my offroad driving to date.

James took me into the office and made me the worst cup of coffee that I have ever had the misfortune to drink :o. Instruction started with an explanation of the diffs and how diff lock works. Understanding the offside rule seems easy compared to this. :D. We then walked around the vehicle which my husband has lovingly restored to concourse standard to check the tyres, recovery points and the lowest part of the vehicle that would hit the ground first. I couldn't believe he actually asked me to lie down on the floor with him to fix my wading plugs. But being the gentleman that he is he offered me his coat to lie on so that my posh togs didn't get wet or dirty :rolleyes:

After this we started the driving phase and James tried to show me his driving prowess by driving up the nearest hill but failed to make it to the top, this is when I insisted that I sit in the driving seat and show him how it was done :D :D. Being serious this was the only time that James was driving to show me a failed hill climb after this I drove the rest of the day. It was during this failed hill climb that James ears started to bleed from all the screaming that I was doing. Thankfully by the end of the day the bleeding had stopped and he was back to normal.

We covered all the basics of offroad driving like ascents, descents, mud and water :D tippy bits (read side slope). Throughout the day James was very patient, laughed and joked and made me feel very at ease. As with all offroading days we had a picnic lunch. All to soon the day was over and I had to then drive home to Warminster. But events had dealt me something else, a ride home on a yellow taxi after I broke my husbands pride and joy. To be fair all that was broken were both trailing arm to chassis mount bushes. The worst bit being that he had only fitted them 6 weeks previous and they were genuine land rover bushes.

I would thoroughly recommend to all you blokes out there to send your partners for a day out with James as a present if they show any interest in offroading.

Mrs Walfy

I would thoroughly recommend to all you blokes out there to send your partners for a day out with James as a present if they show any interest in offroading.

Mrs Walfy

What, trust JST with my mrs !!! :ph34r::unsure:

Guest WALFY

Bish

It's amazing how far a fiver will get you these days ;) . Seriously Jo came home yesterday and all she has gone on about is what a great day she had. I expect I'll get a driving lesson at 7S now. She is an expert now ;) ;)

All that time in the Army was a waste of money then - he can't even make a decent cuppa! :blink:

Steve :)

oh that's nothing- you should see the sort of thing he cooks up to eat when he's camping- it looks the same coming back up again as it does going down!

Jo - just seen this, thank you for the kind words glad you enjoyed the day and now you can show Mark how its done!

At least the scam with the coffee worked - someone else i will never have to make the wets for!!!!

Jim talking of camping you dried your tent out yet since Pyrenees?>

Guest WALFY

At least the scam with the coffee worked - someone else i will never have to make the wets for!!!!

Can tell you were a "hat" :D :D :D