Vepski...........

If anyones interested, Priit Pommer has very kindly translated this years Vepski spiel;

"First time in Vepski a global satellite monitoring of competitors will be used by INMARSAT platform. By that organizers may solve two major problems of such events - safety and information. As Ladoga event showed, it keeps competitors and organizers diciplined.

First time in 2007 a new class will be introduced – Grand Turism and it is sensation, because Vepski has been considered the hardest and most extreme off-road event so far. Organizers have prepared stages for Grand Turism, involving elements as finding places of cultural heritage, old churches etc.

Some points from official bulletin:

Vepski 2007 will be held 19 -23 September 2007-07-04

Start and Finish will be in Podporzhki region in Leningrad oblast.

1st to 15th of July - first round of registration – 4000 RUR

16th July to 1st of August - second round of registration - 5000 RUR

After that until 14th of September 6000 RUR

19th of September 21.00 opening ceremony and briefing

20th of September start to first stage at 07.00 (max time 10 hours)

21th of September start to second stage 07.00 (max 54 hours minus time of first stage)

23rd of September closing Finish 10.00

Classes: TR1 / TR2 / TR3 / OPEN / TURISM / GRAND TURISM

!! After first stage, cars will be in Park Ferme and maintainance of the cars is finished. Only change of battery and tires is allowed.

!! Maintainance and service on stages is allowed only with parts and tools which are on board of your car or on board of other competitors´ cars driving the same stage. "

St Petersberg Club website linky

This is part of the Russian Offroad GP and event that by all accounts stupidly tough, no villages, minimal waypoints - simply start here and get there and deal with whatever you find on the way. Dig out your big fuel tanks - if you get in trouble the nearest anything will be at least a days walk away.

Sat Phones advised... and possibly a nice wooley jumper as it will be a little "chilly" :)

yeah but farmer you should see him play the piano.. :lol:

the top eggs will be there apparently

AbtoTeema (Tr3 winners last year), Cyvas, Q-Kulgar, Both the Frogs, BS Racing (Roope Forsberg and the 750hp jeep) maybe Suur, Priit Pommer is going back to defend the Tr2 title

2004 saw 53 cars start and only 9 finish

looks scary.... but fun :unsure:

2004 saw 53 cars start and only 9 finish

Now that is attrition :lol:

My wife says I can't go as I am no longer allowed to enjoy myself unless I take my eldest with me. My eldest says she reckons 'Uncle Jez' could win that as he was holding back on the Ladoga and when is uncle Jez putting a jump seat in his tractor for her :rolleyes:

eek - holding back? noooo, some time lost doing stuff but other than that it was pretty much flat out, next year the big boys are coming out and hopefully I can watch and learn :)

you need to speak to Kai - aka Granpapa, he managed to skip out on his wedding anniversary and his grandsons first birthday by waving the "Granpapa needs to go safari now" card although its taken a considerable amount of grovelling subsequently ;) I think CosZuki managing to sort out a rake of free drinks at Mollys for Kai and Mrs Kai helped smooth things over a lot :lol:

theres loads of kids around camp - a few more cant hurt :) if she can reach the pedals she can drive it - its only a car :i-m_so_happy:

eek - holding back? noooo, some time lost doing stuff but other than that it was pretty much flat out, next year the big boys are coming out and hopefully I can watch and learn :)

you need to speak to Kai - aka Granpapa, he managed to skip out on his wedding anniversary and his grandsons first birthday by waving the "Granpapa needs to go safari now" card although its taken a considerable amount of grovelling subsequently ;) I think CosZuki managing to sort out a rake of free drinks at Mollys for Kai and Mrs Kai helped smooth things over a lot :lol:

theres loads of kids around camp - a few more cant hurt :) if she can reach the pedals she can drive it - its only a car :i-m_so_happy:

She is the same age I was when I first drove a Land Rover! I will keep working on the exaulted one, feeder of the small but ever hungry one

When did you introduce the rule about reaching the pedals? :huh:

post-21-1183636473_thumb.jpg

And you let Kimi drive it, he's even shorter...

When did you introduce the rule about reaching the pedals? :huh:

Got Lara behind the wheel when she was still 7, low gear with pedals well out of reach.

Now she's taller and can push the A pedal (she's learnt her ABC) it is much scarier :ph34r: I think a rule about not reaching the pedals may be a good one :)

Dunno what you mean Jez, am a tight scots git, never a freeby in sight! ;) so now i have my new zuk over here shall i enter that? it managed sub 10ltr per 100k on the way here! :o only minimal rubbing with the slightly oversized rubber on it

I really want to soooooooooooooooo badly but its all a pennies game at the mo Steve, for fuel, visas, flights and stuff I'd need to find just short of a grand and thats not looking likely at the mo :( (but who knows whats round the corner :unsure: ) methinks the next out for petal will be the Warn trophy in Finland

maybe some of the UK's big boys are going to Vepski? :unsure: