Clutch won't disengage

I changed my clutch (+ arm and release bearing) on the driveway using a bag of spanners, an engine crane (about £20 per day to rent), a trolly jack and a bottle jack. I did it by removing the gearbox rather than taking the engine out. It's not exactly a difficult job, just time consuming removing everything and then bolting it back together. At the time I had little LR or mechanical knowledge and just followed the Haynes book (of dubious truths) which worked out fine. You'll save a heap of cash doing it yourself rather than paying a garage.

Wish I had the space and time to attempt it myself but I don't. I've barely enough room on the drive to crawl under the 110 and somehow I've got to haul the turbo out of my car this weekend and fit a new exhaust. Gonna tow her to the garage with the 200sx sometime next week. Should be fun with 300bhp and a paddle clutch! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
To round off the story, it turned out to be the slave cylinder after all. I'd just been an idiot and refitted it upside down. oops! :rolleyes:

Well glad you got it sorted and at least you didn't have to pull engine/gearbox to fix it so seems like a good result in the end.