photo request

Brett

Has anyone got, or would be prepared to take a photo of the brackets attached to the rear chassis rails (on a pre Td5 Defender 90) where the towing equipment (& I believe JATE rings) attach to.

I've got a Designa Chassis galvanised job on my 90 & these brackets are missing :angry:

I need to sort an adjustable height towing point pretty quickly & the lack of these brackets is reducing my options considerably!

Thanks in advance

Brett

Here's one....

red88.jpg

The hole for the jate rings/towing bracket/lashing eyes is the tubed hole through the bottom of teh chassis rail. The brackets just forward of that are for anti roll bar.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. I think Mine has got that hole....

What do you think?

southdown008.jpg

Difficult to tell for sure from that pic. Have you got a jate ring or somthing bolted through it? I have see on a 88" designa chassis where the 'hole' was a tube weled to the underside of the chassis rail rather than a tubed hole through the rail.

Not sure if it is any help at all, but on a disco and a rangie, the tow bar and jate rings use points like this:

gallery_92_191_76769.jpg

they are a tube welded underneath the chassis with side plates, rather than through it. Even if it's not how it's done on yours, it would be fairly easy to make some if you needed. I had to replace the tubes on mine, as the bolts from the old tow bar were rusted in, and it wasn't a big job to do.

hope that helps a little bit?

Cheers

Mark

Difficult to tell for sure from that pic. Have you got a jate ring or somthing bolted through it? I have see on a 88" designa chassis where the 'hole' was a tube weled to the underside of the chassis rail rather than a tubed hole through the rail.

That's how they are on RR chassis.

Sorry Mark, not so clear that is a rear fold up step you can see. The hole I was referring to is the one just above the lowest point of the chassis rail.

This photo might be a bit better?

southdown010.jpg

southdown007.jpg

It's the small hole, in the bottom picture it looks like it's internally sleeved to me. I'll check at lunchtime...

Yep, it is sleeved. Had a look at my mates 90 as well & they are in roughly the same positions.

If the hole through your chassis has a reinforcing tube inside then it'll be fine for a Jate ring.

Les.

Les, I need to fit a towbar, not jate rings.

I'm hoping to fit a demontable type, although southdown is looking a bit difficult, it might have to be the Scorpion style 2" receiver.

Brett

Here's mine, a 1996 (ish) 300Tdi chassis...

Thanks Jamie,

I'm pretty sure the hole you've got the jate rings through is the same as the small hole on mine.

I've just ordered the Class III 2" receiver hitch demountable towbar from Discoparts. If it doesn't fit, I'll make it :D