Has anyone got....

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

Could you measure where abouts it is on the chassis rail?

and a piccie if possible pleeeeease.

Muchas gracias

What measurements? On the new ones it sits in the same place the Td5 fuel filter is normally located, inside the RH rear wheelarch a bit in front of the axle. Same place on the old ones IIRC though the fuel pipe routing may be different on 94-98 models.

Guest diesel_jim

Nice one, cheers Stephen.

I've just bought a 110 chassis, and plan to install the sedimentor on it (well, two in fact, as i'm going to have twin tanks... main rear tank and a 90 side mounted jobbie.)

being anal now.... is it in exactly the same place as a Td5 filter?

Photo of my new 300Tdi 110, sorry about the mess :D

post-33-1183647678_thumb.jpg

I don't have a Td5 to photograph but AFAIK it is in exactly the same place even down to the stupid tin cover which falls off after six months but is needed to protect the (equally stupid) water in fuel sensor which otherwise gets smashed by stones.

Older 110s don't have this cover but any "Td5 age Tdi's" do - mine is 2006 model year. When it falls off it won't be replaced as sedimentors are rarely damaged by flying stones even on gravel roads here, its only the Td5 water sensors that suffer but they usually break anyway :rolleyes: as with most things the role of the warning light is usually to indicate a duff sensor...

The fuel filter on mine is of course in the engine bay where it should be...