suspenion dampers?

russ3120

i have 2" lift on my disco, using es9000 dampers

Q. can i fit +4" es9000 dampers?

Q. will it increase my articulation?

or am i better fitting 2" lowered mounts/turrets

cheeers in advance for the abuse, that i feel is incoming

Russ

2nd option gives you the same travel and is miles cheaper. Are your current dampers in good nick?

Rear articulation will be limited by trailing arms (cranked give more than straight) and the axle mounts for them. Some have little hemispherical cut outs to enable more droop travel. Dont forget yout brake hose(s) and remove or space out your anti roll bar.

Front articulation is more difficult to achieve in my experience. Removal of the anti roll bar will produce the effect you imagine, I find the front end diving into corners a bit of a pain so have kept mine on. Bottom line is its a 90% road vehicle. lowered turrets will allow more movement but there are a lot of components attached to that axle, steering etc. Also a shorter prop than at the back

I'm sure someone more experienced than I will be along shortly :)

Stu.

i have 2" lift on my disco, using es9000 dampers

Q. can i fit +4" es9000 dampers?

Q. will it increase my articulation?

or am i better fitting 2" lowered mounts/turrets

cheeers in advance for the abuse, that i feel is incoming

Russ

Without chopping and changing a few mounting points neither way will really benefit you that much!!"

The +2" dampers will already have used up all the 'safety margin' in the bumpstops so any further increase in length of the compressed damper will require a similar addition in legth to the bumpstop to prevent the dampers from 'bottomong out' before the axle hits the bumpstop....

Put on some taller turrets and lift the rear mounts to get even longer shocks ( I go for +5" all round ) and you will get some serious articulation - rather than having the same amount of travel as before just hanging lower off the spring.

David