On Board Air

tpk241

Hi All,

I am wondering about what is involved in an on-board air system using a Air con compressor (300TDI Disco)

Are any of you running a setup from your air-con compressor ? I am considering stripping mine out for bigger intercooler and recycling the electric fans for my rad.

If anyone can help with kit needed and best ways to utilise the compressor please let me know

Thanks

TPK

And the best was?

Looking to start this on mine shortly. What fitting did you use to go from the compressor to the pipework of the rest of the system. As far as I can see the hose from the air con compressor has some strange threads which do not appear to be compatable with copper, hydraulic or water fittings. Any inside tips?

And the best was?

Looking to start this on mine shortly. What fitting did you use to go from the compressor to the pipework of the rest of the system. As far as I can see the hose from the air con compressor has some strange threads which do not appear to be compatable with copper, hydraulic or water fittings. Any inside tips?

When i put my on board air system together i tapped the original fitting to 1/4 bsp and used standard pneumatic fittings.The air coming out of the compressor is very hot so any fitting with plastic on will melt.

The connection onto the compressor needs to be a brass or stainless fitting with a lenght of copper pipe leading to an air cooler or straight down to a tank. All the fittings after this can be standards pneumatic ones.

wizard

And the best was?

The best was Megasquirt and spark.

I used my local hydraulics man, he had every fitting required and we used hydraulic pipe ø1" from front to rear.

The best was Megasquirt and spark.

I used my local hydraulics man, he had every fitting required and we used hydraulic pipe ø1" from front to rear.

That must mean that since i have a diesel it will be the best mod I do

We have a good hydraulic supplier in town, i'll give em a shout.

Also found this link which is quite useful

http://www.ackerdackerly.com/saccpv1.pdf