series 3 military 109" side fuel tanks

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I'm building a 110, and want to fit a second fuel tank, as in, one of the under seat top filling military jobbies.

i'm sure they're 10 gallons. anyone got a good idea where to get one from? it's a RH one i want. are they still available new? or does anyone have a really good condition second hand one?

Mucho gracius.

I'm building a 110, and want to fit a second fuel tank, as in, one of the under seat top filling military jobbies.

i'm sure they're 10 gallons. anyone got a good idea where to get one from? it's a RH one i want. are they still available new? or does anyone have a really good condition second hand one?

Mucho gracius.

Your local SPI distributor should be able to get new ones, yes 10 gallons but made in the style of pressed 90/110 ones rather than the original sort.

LH and RH are available and they take a 90/110 style filler cap. They also sell the outriggers.

Why are you not fitting a 90 tank? If you dont mind me asking :rolleyes:

Guest diesel_jim
Your local SPI distributor should be able to get new ones, yes 10 gallons but made in the style of pressed 90/110 ones rather than the original sort.

LH and RH are available and they take a 90/110 style filler cap. They also sell the outriggers.

Why are you not fitting a 90 tank? If you dont mind me asking :rolleyes:

Cheers for that, i'll give them a shout.

why not a 90 tank? because i'm building a 110 SW, and there is nowhere on the side bodywork to cut in the filler spout.

it's a shame as i've got a 90 tank on my, err, 90. i suppose i could get the inlet pipe welded up and a new filler bit put in, but it would just be easuer to get a proper top filling tank t hat i can access from under the seat.

Guest diesel_jim
Hi I might have a side tank that fits under the drivers seat, it fills from the top. Where abouts are you, I am in North Lincs.

Phil Watson

I'm in Swindon, wiltshire, but can organise a courier no problem.

what condition is it in?

Cheers for that, i'll give them a shout.

why not a 90 tank? because i'm building a 110 SW, and there is nowhere on the side bodywork to cut in the filler spout.

A few years ago in LRM 'IIRC' one of the scribes put a SW body on a military chassis, the series tanks encroached into the rear footwells a little, I think the crossmember and floor had to be cut and then the tank boxed, are you aware of this?

I have a pair of the civvy version of these tanks if you want me to take a measurement I can, if it helps.

Andy