Defender doors on a Series?

Geminidawn

I have a Series IIa and the doors need replacing. The structural steelwork is rotting so they do not lock properly and keep flying open at junctions and roundabouts. There is a garage nearby breaking a crash damaged Defender, both the height and width of the doors are the same but will they bolt straight on or can I expect problems?

...have a look at the hinges- the defenders doors fit without problems to series3 hinges-

but yours 2a has different ones as you know, so check this point before, maybe you will hve to change to series3/defender-style hinges or you goota drill a bit...

cheers sascha

I have a Series IIa and the doors need replacing. The structural steelwork is rotting so they do not lock properly and keep flying open at junctions and roundabouts. There is a garage nearby breaking a crash damaged Defender, both the height and width of the doors are the same but will they bolt straight on or can I expect problems?

There we are proof

post-1882-1184264270_thumb.jpg

Erm those are not defender doors - They are Series. Defender doors have the push button handle.

They're early Defender doors - notice the wind-up windows. Worth a few bob as they have windy windows but proper door handles that don't get knocked off on trees.