Forum green lane weekend anyone?

GBMUD

I have been thinking about another forum get-together, ideally this October as we have met then before and my birthday is then. :) Rather than going to Llanerchindda (who's attitude upset me last time), or even Wales, how about a Lake District (and surrounding area) trip?

I am open to suggestions, except for camping (I met the wife while camping in the lakes, not about to make that error again!), as to a venue to use as a base... How about the weekend of the 5th ,6th ,7th or the 12th ,13th ,14th?

Add your name below and preferred dates and we will see where we go from there. :)

Cheers

Chris

Think Chris forgot to add his usual bit :lol:

I wish to add some disclaimer here... I am only telling you guys that I have booked a short break. I am not planning or organising any group trip away nor am I offering to provide any route or navigation. In short, the buck does not even slow down here, understand? I am not responsible if you get bitten by a sheep, dog or farmer! ;)

Chris

Guest dew110CSW

If we need a meeting point I'm sure I can put mine up, I'd love to totally p**s the neighbours off with Several muddy Land Rovers.

What sort of lanes will we be tackling? I'll have a steering guard by that point but not much else besides BFG Trac Edges and a nuts driver :lol:

Tim is right, I am NOT in charge or responsible. :)

I am happy to choose later dates if it suits more folk. I know that it will not be possible to please everyone so sorry if the final dates do not suit you. Anyone know when half term is? Best to avoid it as hotels will be cheaper and there will be less ramblers etc. about.

Anyone local, or who has been there before, know of a place to stay - B+B etc.? My usual criteria are: Landrover friendly, Bar or local pub (walkable), availability of evening meals, less than £30/night B+B. I do not know how many of us there may be but if we could all get in the one place it would be better.

Chris

Guest dew110CSW
Anyone local, or who has been there before, know of a place to stay - B+B etc.? My usual criteria are: Landrover friendly, Bar or local pub (walkable), availability of evening meals, less than £30/night B+B. I do not know how many of us there may be but if we could all get in the one place it would be better.

Pretty Local (Kendal, Cumbria/Lancs border) so if you drop me a PM with a rough idea of where you'd like the B+B to be (illiteration? :blink: ) I'll do some digging.

Cheers,

David.

Guest dew110CSW

Could always bring the TDCi to get it muddy JSG *runs and hides :lol:

Look at it this way, the members from up my way would use a good amount of Petrol/Diesel/Whatever getting down your way, and you've already had one down wales way.