Forum green lane weekend anyone?

GBMUD

Could always bring the TDCi to get it muddy JSG *runs and hides :lol:

Look at it this way, the members from up my way would use a good amount of Petrol/Diesel/Whatever getting down your way, and you've already had one down wales way.

Maybe - mud etc doesn't worry me, the only thing I want to try and avoid is panel damage / scrapes and scrathes for a while :D

Also ALF is such a good Landrover for laning (I have to admit that Mark90 sold me a good truck - there I said it)

Guest dew110CSW
Maybe - mud etc doesn't worry me, the only thing I want to try and avoid is panel damage / scrapes and scrathes for a while :D

That's the beauty of having an F reg that's already got a knock or two - Really ain't afraid of adding a couple more to it. Baring in mind I only have a steering guard as protection I won't be being silly with it though.

Chris, knowing how good your events are, I'd like to come along....

6th is a Charity ball we are supporting so I'd have to avoid that weekend in October.

Half Term (As said before) is 20th thru 28th so would have to avoid that for home life. (Or a life for me at home..)

(Any ideas how to tell the wife I got a business meeting imposed on Friday 26th and thus can't go on holiday with the kids that half-term ?)

I've got a spare Panhard rod and front axle for this trip... Wonder what else will break ! :)

I'm assuming I've got a spare front seat at present unless you hear otherwise... Happy to have someone onboard.....

Neil

Depending what vehicles are going, another thing to bear in mind when picking a base is LPG availability. Not sure what the current state of play is, but the Lakes have always been a bit of black hole in this respect. There's LPG at Morrisons near Barrow, a couple of places on the North side of Kendal - think that's it for the South Lakes, and I don't think the North is much better. Oh, at least one of the motorway service stations along there has LPG.

Guest dew110CSW

Where are some the lanes you were looking at. I'll have a scout and look for LPG Stations if you give me an approximate area.

If you want to do Gatescarth remeber you need permits and only RR, Disco and 90 can use it anything over 100 inch wheel base is banned. Try Breasthigh East to West an interesting ascent over the rocks. Then the ford at Winton is a must !

I would keep out of the LDNP as much as possible due to mass Bobblies, but Mud Club was very prominent in repairing the road up from the visitor Centre in Grizedale so that's a must.

post-2807-1184326243_thumb.jpg

Depending what vehicles are going, another thing to bear in mind when picking a base is LPG availability. Not sure what the current state of play is, but the Lakes have always been a bit of black hole in this respect. There's LPG at Morrisons near Barrow, a couple of places on the North side of Kendal - think that's it for the South Lakes, and I don't think the North is much better. Oh, at least one of the motorway service stations along there has LPG.

I'm pretty sure you can get it at Penrith (not at M'way services but at the large saleroom site opposite side of the dual carriageway from Little Chef).

I'm pretty sure you can get it at Penrith (not at M'way services but at the large saleroom site opposite side of the dual carriageway from Little Chef).

You certainly used to be able to. Only an issue if someone else is taking an LPG vehicle - I'll be in a filthy, smelly diseaseal now the Range Rover's going :(

Think you can get LPG at Truck Stop off junction 38 M6 it's before the main services at Tebay North at the bottom of the hill. A good place to meet if you want to do Breasthigh cos you can refuel about 10 mins drive from the start.

I'm not offering but there are lots of non damaging routes outside the National Park, but if you want rocky stuff then it has to be Grisedale for most nowadays. I have just spent a weekend with the LRboards guys and gals piccies on the greenlane forum there.

http://www.lrboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=1929

If you want to do Gatescarth remember you need permits and only RR, Disco and 90 can use it anything over 100 inch wheel base is banned.

That's just pure anti 110 discrimination :angry: what possible damaged would a longer wheelbase vehicle do the a shorter one wouldn't.

That's just pure anti 110 discrimination :angry: what possible damaged would a longer wheelbase vehicle do the a shorter one wouldn't.

The switchbacks on the Gatesgarth mean that 110's need to take a shunt which churns up the surface. We're up there driving it in September.