Forum green lane weekend anyone?

GBMUD

Anyone ever been Youth Hostile-ing? The price is right, good location, private rooms, friendly and you do not need to be a member to stay there (£3 pppn supplimant). Breakfast is included in the price and we might even meet some friendly ramblers too. :) Gets my vote, what about yours?

Chris

Anyone ever been Youth Hostile-ing? The price is right, good location, private rooms, friendly and you do not need to be a member to stay there (£3 pppn supplimant). Breakfast is included in the price and we might even meet some friendly ramblers too. :) Gets my vote, what about yours?

Chris

Good enough for me Chris,, darn site better than a tent,, Mark,,:o camping in mid November, not a chance !! your are on you own mate,

As Darthdicky said. Our 90 should be there with either both of us or one or the other. Lake district is nice and close to me and havent explored there yet. Will look up the date to see if i can make it. Anyone got any idea of the likely area for a base camp/ either camping or b&b so i can look up somewhere to stay near everyone else.

Cheers

Jon

As Darthdicky said. Our 90 should be there with either both of us or one or the other. Lake district is nice and close to me and havent explored there yet. Will look up the date to see if i can make it. Anyone got any idea of the likely area for a base camp/ either camping or b&b so i can look up somewhere to stay near everyone else.

Cheers

Jon

Elementary my dear... Jon. Youth hostile?

Chris

Chris

I'm confirming for that November date. :)

Don't you have to help wash up and stuff in youth hostels ? It might be wise to take some women if that's the case :)

Mo

I've stayed at Ambleside YHA - they've gone upmarket, Mo, no washing up these days, but then they cost nearly as much as a B&B... You have a choice of dormitory or more expensive individual rooms. It's a reasonable option, though. Ambleside YHA is in a nice location on the lakeside.

Good enough for me Chris,, darn site better than a tent,, Mark,, :o camping in mid November, not a chance !! your are on you own mate,

Woos :P

Chris

I no the place well I stay at the campsite further up the road, its close to a two good pups that serve food and one does a excelent cooked breakfast from 7.30am

I no the place well I stay at the campsite further up the road, its close to a two good pups that serve food and one does a excelent cooked breakfast from 7.30am

Surely there's a minimum age for dogs preparing and serving food. They should at least wait until they're adult.

Mo ;)

Ah cheers chris was reading the post whilst half asleep so did take much of it in. Staying in a youth hostel we can get friendly with the lovely bobble hat brigade which will annoy them.

Jon

Due to the outbreak of foot and mouth disease in Surrey yesterday, this trip may prove in-advisable. Those who have been greenlane driving for a few years will remember the last F+M outbreak and the effect it had on our passtime - essentially meaning that there was no opportunity to get out into the countryside for fear of spreading the disease around the country. The last thing we want is for any one of us to unwittingly carry F+M from their part of the country to the Lakes or vice versa.

It is early days and we have yet so see how DEFRA might cope and whether the outbreak might be isolated and contained to just the one farm or small area. I do not want to cancel this trip, certainly until there is no other option, and, since the Youth Hostel does not need more than a week or two's notice, let's all wait and see what transpires in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks

Chris

Chris I am a little concerned that there are more than 4 vehicles joining together for this event and as you will be driving gas guzzling 4x4s from Devon to the Lake distict and back again this could ruin the O-Zone. Do you not think that you should all go for a local walk instead?

Rest assured that correct etiquette will be applied.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

Great to see you again today.... Just checked with she who DOES get obeyed and she has given me a pass for the weekend of 17th/18th November.

I'll check if Rupert will be available and advise if I have a spare passenger seat....

(Spare rear seats if any Australians are around and need some transport...)

Anyone going to start a book on what I break this time ?

Neil

I am sure you will not break anything Neil... although this is the lake district we are going to and you do drive a V8. :P

Since foot and mouth disease seems to have gone away this time rather than spoiling the fun, I propose that we get cracking and book the youth hostle. I will give them a call (hopefully tomorrow) and book myself in. What they suggested was that I booked myself and then everyone else could attach a booking to mine - not that it matters I do not suppose. I will post details as soon as I have done it.

Cheers

Chris

I have been saying "Water" to the car for a while now and it doesn't misfire each time.. I even went across a bridge over a river recently and it didn't stall, just spluttered a little..... :)

As long as I don't into any big puddles, I recon I'll be ok. (Or bring Ruperts Diseasel along..)

Chris

Right, booked. £53 (I think) per night has secured a twin room with breakfast. I have booked for the nights of Friday 16th and Saturday 17th November at the hostel linked above. I hope I will not be alone now! :) According to the girl there is no need to mention me when you book, although I would have thought that doing so may mean that we get classed as one group and get larger table for breakfast together.

I would appreciate it if, as each books his accommodation, he posts up and we can make a list of those who are coming.

Stickey, any news from the girl in the permissive permits dept.?

Cheers

Chris