Diff Light not illuminating on 300Tdi??

Guys, I know its a newbie question but my diff lock was working pukka after gentle persuasion then i went on holiday for 2 weeks come back and cant get the light to come on. The guy who had it before never used low range or diff lock which i guess is why it seized. How can i access and free/ clean the contacts to enable the diff lock to work. I can here it 'engaging' when diff lock lever is pushed across but no light, does this mean its not engaged?? I have checked the bulb!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Guys, I know its a newbie question but my diff lock was working pukka after gentle persuasion then i went on holiday for 2 weeks come back and cant get the light to come on. The guy who had it before never used low range or diff lock which i guess is why it seized. How can i access and free/ clean the contacts to enable the diff lock to work. I can here it 'engaging' when diff lock lever is pushed across but no light, does this mean its not engaged?? I have checked the bulb!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

It is probably not engaging. First step is to lube and clean the linkages. Second would be adjustment if needed. The switch detects the actual engagement within the t. case. If it were dead, you simply replace.

The switch is a little plunger, usual procedure with any Land Rover part is to douse it in WD40 and keep prodding it till it frees off :lol:

Option 2 If that fails is to hit it although being an electrical component you'll have to use the Land Rover special miniature electrical lump hammer ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, diff light is all working now thanks to a bit of cleaning and lubrication. It was caked in crud so now its all nice and clean to cake again. Atleast i know whats going on now!! Am learning!!