series 2 dash

gorgeous george

Hey Hey, long time no post :ph34r: my series 3's tacky dash has become even more tacky! Is it possible to replace my yucky Series 3 dash board with what the series 2's and 2a's have?? if it could be done it would probably be a pretty big job right? please let me know your thoughts :)

Hey Hey, long time no post :ph34r: my series 3's tacky dash has become even more tacky! Is it possible to replace my yucky Series 3 dash board with what the series 2's and 2a's have?? if it could be done it would probably be a pretty big job right? please let me know your thoughts :)

No - the bulkhead is different.

However, I share your feelings and did away with the SIII dash in my rebuild and replaced it with a bit of Tupperware and drainpipe.

Pics here Pics

I would fab up something to take the series 2 centre pannel and leave the rest. I have a series 2a centre if you want it.

I was thinking on those lines, but decided it was too much trouble and I didn't want to alter the bulkhead in case a subsequent owner wanted to convert it back.

There is a section on the SIII bulkhead that looks as though it would take switches and small gauges easily, but the speedo would be a problem.

I was thinking on those lines, but decided it was too much trouble and I didn't want to alter the bulkhead in case a subsequent owner wanted to convert it back.

There is a section on the SIII bulkhead that looks as though it would take switches and small gauges easily, but the speedo would be a problem.

Just fix it with self tappers, that way you could remove it when you wanted.