110 fuel tank

as the sub title ask's

any of you fitted one of these particular tanks before, it looks galvanised to me but I'm not 100% sure, got it from a mate whose been sat on it since 2002, he told me it came from AMD near Hinckley ?? anyone have contact info for them.

[it's equvailent NTC2017 type, single vent] correct for my '89 110CSW.

the part number on the box is TK202

if it isn't then a good coat of galvafroid will be applied before fitting next weekend.

post-20-1184408001_thumb.jpg

post-20-1184408075_thumb.jpg

post-20-1184408223_thumb.jpg

post-20-1184408252_thumb.jpg

post-20-1184408266_thumb.jpg

post-20-1184408303_thumb.jpg

It might be passivate on the outside only. I don't know about the galv/diesel thing though. When 4star fuel was abolished, one of the fuel treatments for the older engines to prevent them going pop was to put zinc pellets in the tank as a subsidy for the missing lead. Perhaps diesel dissolves zinc in much the same way as petrol and it may have an adverse effect on the fuel system?

Les.

it's exactly the same inside the tank, no paint anywhere,

I've just given the external top half a coat of galvafroid it'll be getting another coat tomorrow & the lower half will get the same over next few days, ready for fitting.

Guest diesel_jim

I've got a 110 tank too Ralph, won it on eblag a while back, second hand but in good nick, and that looks to be plated as well,just like yours is.

OK, Jamie, mines getting protected further as I've mentioned above, it should last for ages then, current tank is weeping between the tank bottom & stone guard, I'll sort that & either keep it as a spare or sell it on.

Thats the typical 110 style sold buy Britpart etc, I had an identical one for a 110 about a year ago. It looked galvanised to me, certainly had no rust on it when I sold the vehicle. Seems to be a quality item thats not OEM for a change.

I bought one like that a few years ago for my 90 - had made in Canada on it. Thought it wouldn't corrode - now realy rusty, bit of a diapointment. I would paint it.

Adrian

This one also has made in Canada embossed into it (see pic 2), it's getting a overcoat to protect it.

further, over the last few days thid tank has been give 2 good coats of Galvafroid paint to help it survive life under a 110, also the stone guard to tank will be coated with a fuel resisant compound, this will keep out any unwanted moisture & crud.

Well, the new tank is fitted biggrin.gif darn difficult on your own wacko.gif & doubly difficult when the bolts/rubber washers keep dropping out & the stone guard is a seperate part, anyway it's done biggrin.gif so no more leaking diesel on my drive biggrin.gif

found another tank exactly the same on ebay last night & it was described as galvanished, so here's hoping this one will last for years without any leaks.