drop plate?

jameslwt

I'll put this on the classified forum as well, but does anyone have a spare drop plate for a defender (I'm assuming it's the standard land rover/dixon bate jobbie) as I've just won a sankey on the bay, and want to be able to mount the nato hitch on another plate so I can quickly switch between that or a normal ball hitch (which I already have on the truck).

Cheers

James

Guest WALFY

James

If you look on the classifieds forum under my name and you'll see I have a complete tow system for sale. You are only down the road from me.

I'll put this on the classified forum as well, but does anyone have a spare drop plate for a defender (I'm assuming it's the standard land rover/dixon bate jobbie) as I've just won a sankey on the bay, and want to be able to mount the nato hitch on another plate so I can quickly switch between that or a normal ball hitch (which I already have on the truck).

Cheers

James

Just so you know,

You won't need a drop plate to tow a sankey - it's designed to run level with the NATO hitch mounted to the rear x member.

Matt

Just so you know,

You won't need a drop plate to tow a sankey - it's designed to run level with the NATO hitch mounted to the rear x member.

Matt

Hi Matt

Does that mean I can bolt the nato hitch straight to the rear crossmember, with the original towbar gubbins on top/mounted behind? I want to retain the adjustable towball for when towing normal trailers (standard ball hitch). obviously it's an adjustable height thing. If so, anyone have any ideas what size bolts I need. ?Have got to go a fair way to collect trailer, and nato hitch comes with it, so will probably end up having to attach hitch when I collect trailer, so will try to get bolts beforehand!

Cheers

James

Hi Matt

Does that mean I can bolt the nato hitch straight to the rear crossmember, with the original towbar gubbins on top/mounted behind? I want to retain the adjustable towball for when towing normal trailers (standard ball hitch). obviously it's an adjustable height thing. If so, anyone have any ideas what size bolts I need. ?Have got to go a fair way to collect trailer, and nato hitch comes with it, so will probably end up having to attach hitch when I collect trailer, so will try to get bolts beforehand!

Cheers

James

yes you can