2" Tow hitch

Gringo

I am having a devil of a time locating a US source for some means of towing a boat trailer behind our 2006 Defender 90. It seems the US suppliers do not carry any parts for Defenders past the 97 model year. And the UK suppliers are talking about 50 mm tow ball diameters. Surely there must be someone out there who makes a tow hitch or a step bumper with a receiver mount that will allow me to tow a trailer with a 2" hitch???

I am having a devil of a time locating a US source for some means of towing a boat trailer behind our 2006 Defender 90. It seems the US suppliers do not carry any parts for Defenders past the 97 model year. And the UK suppliers are talking about 50 mm tow ball diameters. Surely there must be someone out there who makes a tow hitch or a step bumper with a receiver mount that will allow me to tow a trailer with a 2" hitch???

That will be because MY97 was the last year that LR exported Defenders to North America!

From MY93 to MY96 3.9 litre V8 Petrol Disco with R380 5 speed manual box, MY97 RR 4 litre V8 Petrol with 4 speed ZF auto box. No Diesel Defenders exported to the States.

Get the Nas90 rear step with 2ins receptor and use your Ø2ins ball from the States :D

That will be because MY97 was the last year that LR exported Defenders to North America!

From MY93 to MY96 3.9 litre V8 Petrol Disco with R380 5 speed manual box, MY97 RR 4 litre V8 Petrol with 4 speed ZF auto box. No Diesel Defenders exported to the States.

Get the Nas90 rear step with 2ins receptor and use your Ø2ins ball from the States :D

Well, that would work. And I do like the bumper. I do not like the $ 480 plus shipping costs overseas...BUT the only ones I can find online specify that it is for the TD5 only. I have a TDi.