copper brake pipe

HoSS

For after market use it is pretty much an industry standard now ……………… I usually have 10m of 3/16 in stock under the bench.

Make sure you get a quality flaring tool as the cheaper items are carp…………

These are very good …………….I have the universal light ………….. but the heavy is also good……

Then theres the de-burring tool and the brake pipe bender ................ all very useful items to have to hand

http://www.automec.co.uk/oakes_tools/oakes_frame_set.html

:)

Ian

My flaring tool was is cheap :hysterical::rtfm:

Les. :)

Indeed, the model that you depict does indeed work extremely well ............. but if its what I think it is, then it will not be replaceable on a like for like basis, unless you find one at an auto jumble ;)

Perhaps I should have said ............ avoid the cheapo, Laser, Sealey and Draper (to name but a few) flaring tools.

:)

Ian

avoid the cheapo, Laser, Sealey and Draper (to name but a few) flaring tools

totally agree.

when i was doing the brake pipes on a mates 2dr rangie - i must have binned about 10 lengths of pipe due to having to use a draper flaring tool.

absolutely carp.

ridges and ripples on all the ends, misshapen, burrs and copper flakes..... horrible.

• 3 weeks later...