LPG as an option

toger

I have been looking around various sites, especially here, and reading about people's opinions about the differences between petrol and diesel models and individual preference. Being a TD5 owner I wondered if putting LPG in a newer (Y2k and after maybe)Land Rover a viable option in terms of fuel return against a similar vehicle with a diesel engine, thus making it a worthwhile purchase?

The actual Land Rover model doesnt matter.

Has anyone converted a younger model please and if so could they share their experience of running one?

thanks in advance.

T

I don't actually know of anyone with an LPG converted land rover of that age - I guess it's going to depend a lot on which model we're talking about. If we're talking defender they haven't changed much and there are probably people on here with relevent experience. I've seen plenty of converted Discovery IIs as well, so you might be in luck there. Not so sure about MKIII Range Rovers and Discovery IIIs though?

I've driven V8 MkIII Range Rovers and Discovery IIIs, and they're fantastic cars, but then the recent diesels aren't half bad either. Not the agricultural machines of previous generations. My parent have a TDV6 RR Sport, which has similar straight line performance to a 3.9V8 classic RR, but is much smoother and quieter, handles better and does nearly twice as many miles per gallon into the bargain.

Not sure any of that actually helped :unsure:

Thanks Geoff, it did help.

It was the discovery I was thinking about but came to the conclusion I was being too narrow, perhaps not :D

What were the converted Disco's that you have seen ben like, was it worth the conversion?

Thanks Geoff, it did help.

It was the discovery I was thinking about but came to the conclusion I was being too narrow, perhaps not :D

What were the converted Disco's that you have seen ben like, was it worth the conversion?

Seen as in seen them about - never driven one or had a good look round - so I can't really comment. Don't see any reason why it won't work just as well as it does on older trucks.