Weather at Billing?/Billing reviews

Zed0

Hampshire is flooded :D

any news from Billing? Should I take a tent or a boat?

:rolleyes:

Just had a text from Chris, GBMUD, and it's wet with lots of standing water on the ground. :)

maybe not boat but wellies might be a good idea ;);)

Steve

Just spoke to Nay, they're hiding in the Shire Shed with beer :D it's a bit wet and miserable by the sound of it, hopefully it'll clear up at some point. Otherwise we'll have to sit round and drink beer :unsure:

Edited to add: this is what the BBC reckon will happen, website says it should die away by tomorrow :unsure:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

Swindon here is a total wash out, which has improved things considerably! :lol:

hopefully it'll wash away some of the immigrants too.

Hopefully it'll wash bluddy Swindon away!

Flippin' toilet this place is - it needs a good flush! :angry:

Les.

Well Les the good thing about Swindon is there are two motorway junctions passing by it so you can make a quick exit from the place :rolleyes:

Got kicked out of work at half two because all the roads out of Alcester were flooding - got home to Birmingham about half an hour ago (it's only twenty miles)...

Mostly just traffic, but I did go through one flood between Redditch and Bordesley which was a bit interesting in the 106 - the police had closed the road in the other direction and were turning everyone back. Would have been fine in a Land Rover, though.

Never seen anything like it - Birminghams not bad, but South of here is decidedly damp!

We went down this am, why we bothered I just don't know! even at 9am wellies were essential, and the show ground was rediculously soggey!! As for an improved show it ain't!! Car parking was supposed to be improved we were still on that grass bank with an inch between each motor, the marshalls could not direct us out as they didn't know which way we should go! On site catering was awfull if you are going take a pack up to save your stomach!!

Just spent 5 1/2 hours driving from Milton Keynes to gosport. Loads of roads closed, loads of flooding, A34 was dead stop nightmare.

I never thought I'd say this. But. I am bored of wading. at least for a week or so.

And yes I have just driven AWAY from the billing show, don't ask I work away and home is more important at the moment than a show.

Jeez

I'm now off to get something to eat and drink a bottle of rum, please edit or delete any further messages as I will probably be talking arse

Hope you all enjoy billing, it was V wet as I left.

GOD this Gobal warming a terrible

you have a carp summer and we have the coldest winter on record in Brisbane. We have a cold snap here Last night got down to - 0.01 Degrees c and a cold 20 during the day.

So where is all this Gobal warming gone then :D:ph34r::D

i,ve just been there this evening to pick up my new intercooler :D from the nice men at allisport while they were having there chinese meal and the place was flooded all the stands on pallets and boards the river is at bank bursting point they expect 1ft of water on the river tonight and still people pitch tents 8-10metres away from bank!!!!!!!!! hope they like soggy pillows :o

went yesterday

arrived at the show at 10am had seen all the stalls by 1200.

left at 1245 got home at 20-45

8 bluddy hrs A34 shut at the M4 jnc. among other accidents/queues

show itself was not a patch on previous years, some stands still closed up at 1100am

Brunels stand was at the other side of a battle field, the ground was saturated and muddy

from the last event they had had there.

Far to many stands selling vehicles, Nene motors everywhere for sale.

I shant be going again for a few years at this rate as IMHO it was pretty rubbish.

laid out in rows that lots of them had no stalls in.

the Toll stall opposite the SLRC stand was good and that's where I spent my ££

apart from some number plates and 2 headlamp surrounds

I enjoyed Sodbury more the last time I went there.

So where is all this Gobal warming gone then :D:ph34r::D

I've noticed it's no longer being referred to as that anymore, it'n

now "Climate Change"

Something I believe has happened once or twice before in the

history of our planet :)

Still, it is a good reason to tax us all :angry2:

went yesterday

arrived at the show at 10am had seen all the stalls by 1200.

left at 1245 got home at 20-45

8 bluddy hrs A34 shut at the M4 jnc. among other accidents/queues

show itself was not a patch on previous years,

Mmm, now somewhat glad i did not bother, was in 2 minds about going Fri/Today