OT-How good is your French????

Guest MJG

Sorry to post OT but returned last week from a very nice 2 week holiday in a Gite in the Dordogne booked through a well know established company that has done this sort of thing for years.

I'll refrain from naming them now.

Part of the booking conditions is that you hand over €150 to the owner on arrival, which we duly did. This is to cover any damage to the Gite while you are there. No part of the Gite was damaged while we were there nor was there any breakages.

The day before we leave we arrange with the owner to meet at 9am the next morning. This is what the company who we booked through recomend you do. This is in order for you to collect your damage deposit or in the unlikley event of any dispute to be able to resolve it on the spot.

Next day we clean the Gite to within an inch of it's life and at 9am duly await the arrival of the owner. After 30 mins she does not show, we ring her to get an answer phone. :angry::angry:

We have to leave to ensure we get to St. Malo many many miles away before the ferry departs. Before I do I take a series of high qulaity date stamped digital photographs throughout the Gite in case the owner tries to claim the Gite was left in an unsatisfacory condition and that is why she did not return our deposit.

The well know company with whom you book these holidays in order to soak up french life promised when I rung them to contact the owner and let me know when they had. Well I've heard nothing and I ain't about to wave good bye to £100. I now want to contact the owner direct - I have her contact details. Is there any body who would be willing to translate the text of a letter which I would write in English into French.

Many thanks....

bablefish is your friend :lol:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

Not sure if it does anglosaxon to Frog :lol:

Nige

le bablefish

horheehorawillsaythisonlyeeeeeeeonce

est votre ami http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

Non sûr s'il fait non garlic stinkyfrogletteanglosaxon à la grenouille

Nige*

*The odd word or three may have been added to this translation :P

bablefish is your friend :lol:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

Not sure if it does anglosaxon to Frog :lol:

Nige

le bablefish

horheehorawillsaythisonlyeeeeeeeonce

est votre ami http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

Non sûr s'il fait anglosaxon non garlic stinkyfroglette à la grenouille

Nige*

*The odd word or three amy have been added to this translation :P

yes it does anglo-saxon to french :lol:

yes it does anglo-saxon to french :lol:

**** L'enfer de parents ceci est bon hein ?

****Vous nous comptez pouvez ************** prendre le mick hors de l'Admin et ils ne le sauront pas,

je signifient l'amusement que nous pourrions avoir ******* Hoooonheeeehon :P

***7 diff flange et EP90 'Bon Du wibble'

Nige :P

Bonjorno Chavy,

I cant reall help with the translation but...

If you (or others) are interested This Gite comes highly recommended, I stayed there last week along with 12 others in the Maison de la Ferme, very clean, spacious etc. Highly reccomended. The owners are Husband and wife, english and french respectivley.

We had a week of greenlanes and off roading around Normandy, very nice - I will post in the getting out there forum at some point.

**** L'enfer de parents ceci est bon hein ?

****Vous nous comptez pouvez ************** prendre le mick hors de l'Admin et ils ne le sauront pas,

je signifient l'amusement que nous pourrions avoir ******* Hoooonheeeehon :P

***7 diff flange et EP90 'Bon Du wibble'

Nige :P

Oi, you can't say things like that, someone might just babelfish it back to english :lol:

Is there any body who would be willing to translate the text of a letter which I would write in English into French.

My French is reasonable, I lived there for a few years. I also have a mate living there who is uber-fluent and can help me out.

PM me you letter.