rear bumpstops

how are these attached. i recently noticed one was missing and when i checked the security of the other one today, th ebig rubber chunk came off in my hand.

in the rusty mess that was the bumpstops it wasn't clear how they were menat to be attached. i had always assumed u bolts, but this is not the case, looks like the bolt into a bracket which is part of the chassis.

just need to make sure i get all the correct bits when i order some new ones.

this refers to a 110, not sure if a 90 is any different or not

cheers

callum

The rubber of the bump stop is bonded to a shaped metal plate which in turn is bolted to another similar-shaped plate that's attached to the chassis. The rubber part usually comes unstuck and falls off. If there are two nuts/bolts still there, then this is what's happened.

Les.

The rubber of the bump stop is bonded to a shaped metal plate which in turn is bolted to another similar-shaped plate that's attached to the chassis. The rubber part usually comes unstuck and falls off. If there are two nuts/bolts still there, then this is what's happened.

Les.

thanks les, that looks liek what has happened

i think the mounts on the chassis will need a little cleaning up before new bumpstops go on, might be interesting getting the remaining metal bits of bumpstop off.

callum