Wiltshire Summer treasure hunt anyone?

GBMUD

Something like the last one held in December but with unbroken sunshine and a more realistic time-frame for completion of the route.

I will aim make the end point a pub with a campsite or something so that those wishing to stop over can do so and those not can go on from the pub whenever they like. If we run the event on a Saturday then those wishing to can enjoy some more lanes on the Sunday/do the route backwards/stop in bed with a hangover.. whatever you like really. :) Anyone who knows of such a venue in the Wiltshire area, please let me know.

Nothing is planned yet and everything is subject to change according to my mood swings. :) Once again it will be a 12 car event due to the rules imposed by the MSA etc. Shiney cars may get scratched and road tyres are not advised (no idea what the weather may turn out like) but other than that, any LR product will ba able to do the route. Sign up now!

The last event I did, I suggested a donation to cover my costs in setting up. I cannot make a charge by law but how about a donation to the LR4x4 upkeep fund? Remember that the forum is independent of outside money and influence and costs money to run so perhaps a suggested donation of £20/car might be in order? This is of course just a suggestion and more or less or even nothing is fine too. You can all read between the lines here. ;)

I have set the date because it suits me. If it does not fit in with your holiday plans then sorry, it does fit mine! :) If you put your name down then please please please do turn up - or at least let me know in plenty of time as someone else might miss out on a place if you call me on the morning of the event.

Thanks

Chris

Marshals:

1. Western

3. SimonR

Entrants:

1. Mark Jenkins

2. LR90

3. Mark

4. Walfy

5. LR90's mate Dennis in a Camel

6. Mo Murphy

8. Stumpy2268

9. NAS90

10. TJ101

11. DarthDicky and JonW

12. Jos

Spaces available...

Entrants:

1. Mark Jenkins

2. JST

3. BishBosh

4. Walfy

5. SteveG

6. Mo Murphy

8. Stumpy2268

9. V8Freak

10. TJ101

11. White90

12. Jos

Full house, thanks chaps.

Doh! Missed the post, got your text, am I excluded?

Entrants:

Doh! Missed the post, got your text, am I excluded?

No Dave (and Si), you are not excluded. You are welcome to marshal the event, I would think that such an event would need a minimum of one sweeper running round behind the cars - and someone to sweep him too... and so on. ;) The law will only allow 12 cars in the event.

Let me know and I will add you to the marshal list.

Chris

Chris,

As per PM's... You should take me off the list.. Just replaced dying water pump while in France. (Big thanks go out to Anglo-Frenchman for all the language assistance...)

Still got suspect head gasket on one bank so will need to find time to effect repairs... If the car is alive and I get a pass I'll come down and jump in with one of the marshalls, seats permitting.

Regards

Neil