Wiltshire Summer treasure hunt anyone?

GBMUD

Yup, Paul definately OK'd it.

Chris

OK, Paul did phone back today, all sorted, but may have to camp in the beer garden !!! :o:)

Chris, he did say, it would be appreciated, a rough head count !! for meals, more so on the Sat evening ??

Chris, he did say, it would be appreciated, a rough head count !! for meals, more so on the Sat evening ??

Hence my question above.

I said that I would try to gauge numbers of people wishing to dine and let him know ASAP so that he can reserve sufficient seating. Please, if you can, let me know how many seats want reserving from each car

Chris

I will call the pub tomorrow lunchtime/afternoon about dinners on Saturday night. Any dinners Friday night you had best arrange yourselves.

Chris

Saturday night dinners:

Jos x2

TJ101 x2

JonW x1

Me x1

Mark x2

LR90 x3

LR90's mate Dennis x3

SimonR x1

I will call the pub tomorrow lunchtime/afternoon about dinners on Saturday night. Any dinners Friday night you had best arrange yourselves.

Chris

Saturday night dinners:

Jos x2

TJ101 x2

JonW x1

Me x1

Mark x2

LR90 x3

LR90's mate Dennis x3

SimonR x1

Chris, unfortunately I won't be able to stay for the meal on Saturday night, Jonathan isn't sure yet but will let you know before tomorrow.

What time do we need to be there for the start and roughly what time do you expect us to finish?

Cheers,

Richard

Chris, unfortunately I won't be able to stay for the meal on Saturday night, Jonathan isn't sure yet but will let you know before tomorrow.

What time do we need to be there for the start and roughly what time do you expect us to finish?

Cheers,

Richard

Jon, you are down for one dinner.

Dicky; start, as detailed above, is 10AM. The route will take from 6 to 10 hours depending on how you drive, how much you stop and what the weather/conditions are like on the day. Driving at a sensible speed and with a few tea breaks/picnic you should be back at the finish, near the start, by 6ish PM. You must have a hot date Dicky. :)

Chris

Jon, you are down for one dinner.

Dicky; start, as detailed above, is 10AM. The route will take from 6 to 10 hours depending on how you drive, how much you stop and what the weather/conditions are like on the day. Driving at a sensible speed and with a few tea breaks/picnic you should be back at the finish, near the start, by 6ish PM. You must have a hot date Dicky. :)

Chris

Maybe ;)

That sounds fine to me, if we find ourselves running late we can always miss off the last bit so I can get back.

See you Saturday,

Richard

Guest diesel_jim

Soooo..... how did it all go?

eveyone back and accounted for?

any good mishaps? (that needed photographic tiddle taking evidence on here?)

Well I'm back. Darn good day out, thanks Chris :) Nice bimble rounds the plain and reassuring to see so many routes still open. Biggest mishaps I saw was Denis damaging a tyre valve so quite uneventful.

Brilliant day out, had a really good time, about 10hrs of lanes we did. Must have taken some planning Chris so thank you again for organising it all. Definately be along for another one if there is going to be one.

Jon

Chris

Cracking day :D . Best part of 8 hrs laning. Almost 90miles on the GPS. Got to meet a few more faces from the forum, if only briefly at the pub at the end. Mo, Mark, Les and DD. Good to see a few faces I recognised, Tim, Ralph, Jos.

Mo and Tim thanks for doing the MM thing. Made it easier for us to concentrate on the clues. Some devious pics. A metal fence post, to be found after almost 70miles of lanes :o . Lucky to see it in the end.

Looking forward to the next 1.

Come on Ralph. I know you took some pics :D :D :D

Hi,

Thanks a lot Chris - we had a great time even if it did rain in whenever we were going down hill - and Mrs Jos was even inspired to have a go (and suggest I could bitch for her...).

I was really impressed witht he amount of organisation: 9 hours + of lanes with only minimal road driving, a really good route.

Also thanks to Mark, John & Richard et al for showing us the way!

Good to see familiar faces from 7S again too: Chris, Walfy, Jo, Tim.

Long day by midnight when we got back - and a worringly hot and stiff gearbox :ph34r: - must drive slower on the motorway...

Cheers, Jos

As everyone else has said, thanks Chris it was a fantastic day out. Memory Map says we did 89.6 miles over 9 1/2 hours, and averaged 9.5mph. We only got slightly lost once or twice (would have been a lot more without MM!) and saw lots of areas of the Plain I hadn't seen before.

Only got 2 pictures as the weather wasn't all that great for getting out of the vehicle - this was when Jonathan was making the most of now having an engine that can cope with a bit of water!

Laning1.jpg

Laning2.jpg

Cheers Mark, Jos & co. for teaming up!

Richard

Got back home about 23-30 last night, absolutely dog-tired having set-off at 06-00. Excellent day laning, many thanks to Chris, Si, Western and team for all the effort, weather not much different to the first outing, only difference was the temperature was slightly higher! Our outing on Saturday was about the only sensible sporting event available on the day! :D