Where can I find one of these?

Since the tank on the Hybrid was moved from under the seat to the back I now have to cut an access for the fuel in the back panel, so I'm looking for a Defender fuel inlet assembly that I can pop rivet into place. So far no luck, it's not a replacement part I can buy and local scrap yards are hesitant to cut holes in the few Defenders they get in.

post-3836-1185138000_thumb.jpg

not listed in EPC as a seperate part, but yopu maybe able to use the hi-cap pick up version cover fuel filler [inside body] MTC1461 & cowl fuel filller [outside] MTC3569. or if the hole is already in the outer panel you could fold up your own version using suitable alloy sheet or steel sheet.

if the hole is already in the outer panel you could fold up your own version using suitable alloy sheet or steel sheet.

Yeah I thought of that and it looks simple enough to fabricate but time is a luxury I can't afford. There is such a huge list of work to be done on the vehicle already and it all has to be done by yesterday, I was kinda hoping to just pick one up and bolt it into place.

Does it have to be a Defender filler? Wouldn't a series one do the same job?

Les.

Either as long as it will fit. I did find one on an abandoned Series but it was set on the curve of the panel, furthermore the feeder pipe was rusted through. The Defender ones are set on the flat and since the back panels on the Ambulance are flat it would be a better fit also Defenders are more recent so the chances are I'll find one in better condition.

Some one once suggested an Aircraft style flush mounted fuel filler cap but I'd prefer something that looks more original.

• 2 weeks later...