200tdi Air filter

Can some one send me a picture of the 200tdi air filter set up please. I have put a discovery 200tdi engine in and need to sort the filter out as couldn't find space for the discovery one to fit.

Also does anyone have a 200tdi air filter casing for sale or and the brackets if it is likely to fit

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon, if your 200tdi is a disco unit you will find you cannot fit the filter housing in its original position as the intercooler pipe will run through that area, i found a length of pipe and a K&N filter is a better job and also makes it run & sound better. Kevin

Jon, i did what Kevin said as well,the turbo pipe of my old TD engine and an old K&N (of an old beach buggy project of my mates)in th passanger side inner wing.

Anyway,best of luck with the rest of your conversion,its the best mod i ever did....Mick.

I used a 200tdi air filter unit on my conversion and managed to fit it in that corner ok - sits between the wing an the intercooler pipe.

it sits quite high up, about as high as you can comfortably get it without it touching the bonnet. the hose to the turbo unit is facing the rad though - this allows it to connect to the turbo easier if its a disco engine as the flexi pipe (you'll have to buy a length of snorkel hose) can sweep down and under the alternator with no tight bends.

I just made up a bracket (using the old n/a top rad mounting bracket) bolted to the inner wing so it sticks vertically upwards, then bolted that to the air filter casing with a nice thick bolt - works a treat.

Thanks for all the photos and help. Have done the conversion and it is running very well, but running the old petrol airfilter with bits of guttering and want to do the job properly and be able to connect the snorkle up. I just need to find filter housing and a few more bits of pipe work.

Cheers

Jon

• 2 years later...

Can anybody tell me if air filter from 2.5 petrol is suitable for disco 200tdi conversion?

Does it get enough of air? Are the housings the same?

I would like to put in K&N air filter but I don`t know if it`ll fit in petrol housing.

Thanks

D.

Just to add a different way of fitting the filter housing when doing a discovery conversion. (the other pictures I think look like defender 200tdi engines with the raised turbo, rather than disco's low mounted one)

Hope this helps

Dave

post-15752-127109723432_thumb.jpgpost-15752-127109727452_thumb.jpgpost-15752-127109730752_thumb.jpg

I don`t have disco air filter housing and that is why I`m asking.

Will have to make some miles without air filter to see if the engine gets enough air.

So if this airbox is too small and I want to get some more power from the engine I need to buy disco airbox...

Thanks for help guys.

Cheers

Dave, pics are from disco engine. I didn`t change the airbox mounts. Conversions look so easy on RHD :D

Might be seen on this photo

Don`t have better pics.

Cheers

110420101390.jpg

Another Q: Does the plastic cover over the engine head and inlet manifold make any diference about the noise?