Views for a Mate - SFS Beadlockers or other Options

Hi All,

I have had an e-mail from a mate (ex Pat now living in France).

He wants a set of Double beadlockers, and has asked if I know what Straight Forward Supplies 'Double Bead Lock Rims' are like quality / accuracy / finish / reputation wise etc.

He also has said he has tried phoning on a selection of days / times and cannot get an answer, I have tried for him and can confirm the same ? :huh:

I have no idea, but thought this forums members may hold the answer ?

He has also asked..... if not them for whatever reason then who else, ....or are there better options - if so who ?....

But they must be Double Bead lock type ....and must be RR Fitment

Over to you lot :lol:

Nige

I've bought lots from Tim at SFS, Steering ram, beadlocks, tube bender, tyres etc.

He sent me a 15" beadlock kit instead of 16" and promptly organised the courier to collect and exchange.

I gave him a £250 deposit for some tyres, had to wait for them to come to the UK, but when they did arrive he sent them immediately and it was another couple of weeks before I paid the balance :blink:

Because I've had a fair bit off him he gives me a bit of discount off the advertised prices.

You have to remember SFS is a one man band, the guy does take holidays and I think the last time he announced he was going away they got burgled!

I've found Him fair and straighforward :rolleyes: in my dealings.

Some of his packaging leaves a bit to be desired though :lol:

Havn't seen his wheels in the flesh, but I do intend to have some in the future. I think they are made by a Agricultural wheel maker for him, I have a local Ag Wheel maker near me, he could make the split rims for about £110 + vat but you'd have to suppy your own inserts and sort your own sealing method taking the price to well over what SFS sell the wheels for.

Andy

Oh Dear,

With replies above, plus 2x PMs things don't look promising at all.

One man band poor contact ability and everything can sometimes be worth it if the recived kit was worth the hassle, seems that when it arrives the hassle is anything but over , shame but Matey had heard bad things hence why he has asked me to post up.....

Being very specific here, if finally you get delivery etc what is the quality of the Double bead locking rims, (not the beadlock rings) actually like etc ?, ....and ......as Trev said (as it is looking unlikley -Mate is a guest on here at the mo and has e-mailed me alreadyas "Not Impressed" !) ...........who else for DBL Rims then ?

Nige

Good evening.

I dont often post on here, but I thought that I had better put a quick message up here to set the record straight. I have recently had issues to attend to outside of my business which has meant that I have been difficult (Some would say impossible) to contact. I am not about to go into details on a public forum, but sufficed to say, my priorities have been elsewhere for the last month or two, and will continue to be for a while yet. We are still shipping our products as normal, but telephone contact within business hours is difficult (Our answer phone message states that email contact is the best method)

If this has annoyed anyone, then I apologise. As Andy said, I am a one man band and that has advantages and disadvantages. In general my costs are very low, and I choose to pass this on the customer. However, I dont have anyone to run an office or man phones, so I have taken the decision in the last week to use email contact only (I found myself coming in after 6pm most days to find 40 or so messages on the answer phone, it just isnt possible to keep up with that)

As regards quality, there has been one customer out of over 100 who have had our beadlock kits who had a badly cut set (Pheonix Chris off devon 4x4 forum). He was given a full refund including his return postage. The other 100 or so have been extremely happy.

If this means that you feel that you cannot deal with us, then fair enough. If you can deal with corresponding via email and getting a reply within 24 hours, then do that and I am sure that it will work just fine.

Any questions or queries, let me know at tim@straightforwardsupplies.co.uk

Good evening.

I dont often post on here, but I thought that I had better put a quick message up here to set the record straight. I have recently had issues to attend to outside of my business which has meant that I have been difficult (Some would say impossible) to contact. I am not about to go into details on a public forum, but sufficed to say, my priorities have been elsewhere for the last month or two, and will continue to be for a while yet. We are still shipping our products as normal, but telephone contact within business hours is difficult (Our answer phone message states that email contact is the best method)

If this has annoyed anyone, then I apologise. As Andy said, I am a one man band and that has advantages and disadvantages. In general my costs are very low, and I choose to pass this on the customer. However, I dont have anyone to run an office or man phones, so I have taken the decision in the last week to use email contact only (I found myself coming in after 6pm most days to find 40 or so messages on the answer phone, it just isnt possible to keep up with that)

As regards quality, there has been one customer out of over 100 who have had our beadlock kits who had a badly cut set (Pheonix Chris off devon 4x4 forum). He was given a full refund including his return postage. The other 100 or so have been extremely happy.

If this means that you feel that you cannot deal with us, then fair enough. If you can deal with corresponding via email and getting a reply within 24 hours, then do that and I am sure that it will work just fine.

Any questions or queries, let me know at tim@straightforwardsupplies.co.uk

Hmmmm

Good reply, fair and reasoned.

I will have a squeak with Mick before he nips orf further abroad (Work) as to this whole situation,

Maybe this is a good opportunity for SFS / Tim to sort out the 'mumourings' and 'comments' around products etc.

I will PM you my Mobile, .........give me a ring when it suits you .........and we can chat through whats required, I will find out EXACTLY the spec he's after by then (Think I know already anyway :) )

I know that both Mick and I will be honest and shove up our hands and sing your praises if all is as it should be, nobody can get things right 100% of the time, ..........fixing them when they do go a tad wrong is IMHO true service.

You'll have a PM from me in a sec Tim

Whatever the outcome ..............top marks so far for a sensible "Grown up" reply ..........and offer :) lets see if this can work out for all involved

Nige

A supplier who has taken his eye off the ball and admits it? Where's the 'problems with our suppliers' line, the whinge about the price of steel, the complaints about a few poor customers on a smear campaign?

Posts like that make me seriously consider using a supplier, because of the genuineness and honesty which can make up for problems which might not crop up with a larger supplier's call centre. Well done Tim.

A supplier who has taken his eye off the ball and admits it? Where's the 'problems with our suppliers' line, the whinge about the price of steel, the complaints about a few poor customers on a smear campaign?

Posts like that make me seriously consider using a supplier, because of the genuineness and honesty which can make up for problems which might not crop up with a larger supplier's call centre. Well done Tim.

as he said give him the benefit of the doubt, its not often you get a honest "this how it is" reply fair play Tim