2.5 petrol....... fuel pump location

gelf

just fitted a 2.5 petrol......... just until i have the funds for something better...

got a little black fuel pump with it....

should be mounted near the tank or will it ok mounted on the bulk head.

did think about putting it in the battery box but then thought what if it leaked and then a spark..... kaaboom

graham

just fitted a 2.5 petrol......... just until i have the funds for something better...

got a little black fuel pump with it....

should be mounted near the tank or will it ok mounted on the bulk head.

did think about putting it in the battery box but then thought what if it leaked and then a spark..... kaaboom

graham

I,m guessing this is going into a Series as the Defender fuel pumps are in the tank........

Last year i temporarily mounted an electric fuel pump on my 110 in the rear fender box, i have seen the Series ones mounted on the frame near the gas tank........ and i don't see why a bulkhead mount would not be OK

In fact thats probably the easiest fit..............

Hi Gelf, most electric fuel pumps are better at 'pushing fuel up hill' than they are at 'sucking fuel uphill'.

So it would be best somewhere no higher than the top of the chassis rail. If you mount it higher up on the bulkhead in the engine bay, you 'may' have problems.

Hope this helps, Regards, Diff