Screw in BHP..... and Torque...... and MPG

You lot are all so skeptical!

I wouldn't rule this out entirely! Assuming the plugs work, the principle is not that different to CDI ignition, common on bikes but as yet rare on cars because it is expensive for multi cylinder engines. I once played around with getting a bit more poke out of a single cylinder engine using a DIY CDI circuit - and it worked reasonably well.

If these actually do behave in the way they suggest then snake-oil they are not! How many people spend over £100 on Magnicore leads? just to get a stronger spark? Are they snake-oil too?

Si

I guess Si, it all comes down to the methodology of the advertising…………….. rather making dubious BHP and other claims, a simple “ this gives a much better and more reliable spark” type of approach would have gained my support a little better.

Yes, we were using CD systems to feed the coil(s) in the 70’s for racing the A series, purely to get a reliable and repeatable spark under all engine conditions……………the same really applies to magnacore leads, I have never purchased them to get a fatter spark, my purchase has always been based around the fact that they use very good quality materials and thus give a more reliable spark under variable conditions…………. which cannot be said for a lot of the cheaper lead sets that are OEM or aftermarket (fine if you change them every 12 months)….. ;)

:)

Ian

I guess Si, it all comes down to the methodology of the advertising…………….. rather making dubious BHP and other claims, a simple “ this gives a much better and more reliable spark” type of approach would have gained my support a little better.

Yes, we were using CD systems to feed the coil(s) in the 70’s for racing the A series, purely to get a reliable and repeatable spark under all engine conditions……………the same really applies to magnacore leads, I have never purchased them to get a fatter spark, my purchase has always been based around the fact that they use very good quality materials and thus give a more reliable spark under variable conditions…………. which cannot be said for a lot of the cheaper lead sets that are OEM or aftermarket (fine if you change them every 12 months)….. ;)

:)

Ian

i'm struggling to understand how a bigger spark will increase the burn rate of any air-fuel mixture and hence raise CP or produce more power?

I'm basing this on my understanding of explosives:-

normally any explosive will have a set burn rate (except rdx/nitrocellulose which also relies on pressure, in a vacuum it stops working - funny story about how they used this initially on explosive bolts on a space mission.......)

anyway - as long as your initial detonator has the energy capacity to set off the burn reaction in the oxidant/explosive/fuel then thats all you need. For instance, setting black powder off with a match will induce the same burn speed as setting it off with a pulsed laser diode to detonate initiators made of Hexanitrostilbene through fiber-optic cables...

soooo - as long as the spark from your plug has sufficient energy to ignite the mixture - then thats all you need. If you have a very poorly maintained ignition system producing a spark incapable of ignition, then these plugs might cure it - but all you are doing is masking the problem and not fixing it.

complete snake oil imho.

So to test...

If I buy4... Fit them in the left bank and go for a run...

If I get back and the left bank has overtaken the right bank they are deemed a success ??

(Nige, is my logic sound ??)

I'll buy 4 when back from France and conduct an h'official trial !!

Neil

So to test...

If I buy4... Fit them in the left bank and go for a run...

If I get back and the left bank has overtaken the right bank they are deemed a success ??

(Nige, is my logic sound ??)

I'll buy 4 when back from France and conduct an h'official trial !!

Neil

It's simpler than that - if the car goes in a clockwise circle the plugs in the left bank give more power !

Talking of explosions, did anyone watch "News Knight" where a chav sat on a bucket inside which was a car airbag. His mate set the airbag off and chav was hurled up into the air. Look out for the repeat.

It's simpler than that - if the car goes in a clockwise circle the plugs in the left bank give more power !

Talking of explosions, did anyone watch "News Knight" where a chav sat on a bucket inside which was a car airbag. His mate set the airbag off and chav was hurled up into the air. Look out for the repeat.

what, this one?

:hysterical: