Wanted - 200Tdi Turbo manifold pattern

SiWhite

Does anyone have access to a 200Tdi Discovery turbo that's not attached to the manifold?

I'm after a pattern of studs and the exhaust 'hole' in the middle to get an adaptor made for my new variable nozzle turbo.

Could someone draw a sketch for me so I can take it to the local engineering firm?

Many thanks!

Cool - didn't realise there was one! Anyone got a part number? Ralph?

That's because there isn't one,

no gasket listed between the turbo & manifold on a Discovery 200Tdi engine only the manifold to the cylinder head gasket.

That's because there isn't one,

no gasket listed between the turbo & manifold on a Discovery 200Tdi engine only the manifold to the cylinder head gasket.

On my 200Tdi Disco there is indeed no gasket, however, yesterday while looking for something else in the garage I came across the remains of top-end overhaul gasket kit, it contained both a gasket for the turbo to the manifold and a gasket for the turbo to cast downpipe, this was a pattern gasket set, maybe the Defender 200TDi has a gasket as I assume the set I had would have been a universal set.

Andy

Defender 200TDi engine certainly does have a metal gasket between the turbo casing & manifold, but it's different to the Discovery variant of the 200TDi, so no help to Si.

Already emailed SiWhite with a trace of the turbo flange + dimensions, but that was before I found the gaskets, I've just been and checked and there is indeed two turbo gaskets in the set I have, one matches the disco turbo perfectly, the other matches the studs but it has a radiused square hole in the middle as opposed to the Disco hole which is circular........

The turbo is one I swapped with selectcase and it has a definate mark where a gasket has been previously.

Just found 1 of each in my garage too.

Defender 200Tdi turbo gasket on left, Discovery 200Tdi turbo gasket on right

Si you can have the Disco one if you PM your postal address.

Blimey that was quick!!

There both Disco 200TDi gaskets, the one on the right is the turbo outlet to the cast downpipe.