Cigar lighter

I got a MUD console and am in process of fitting it. From what I can see I need to drill a 28mm hole to take the cigar lighter - not that I smoke cigars but it does power up the GPS. Trouble is I cannot find a 28mm hole cutter (well I can but it is diamond one on Screwfix at £35 or so!!).

I can cut 25mm using a flat wood bit and then try to sand/grind out but fear I would not end up with a very circular hole.

I wondered if any bright spark had a better idea?

Thanks

Malcy

you need to get your self a cone cutter (not a stepped cutter)

the one i have you need to drill pilot holes up to 14mm then you can easly cut perfectly round holes in plastic /ali/and sheet steel inc stainless , b+Q would proberly do them

quick search on google brought up this

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/produc...%20Drill%20Bits

Thanks

Had never heard of a cone cutter. I will go looking. Lawsons carriage makes it quite pricey and having done search on Screwfix I can get a set for the same amount. Quality probably not so good but perhaps they will only ever be used once!

Amazing what you find out when you ask!

Thanks again and best wishes

Malcy

I use hand cutters called Q-MAX, you drill a hole, then join the two parts of the cutter together and screw them up, and you have a perfect hole in rubber, plastic and sheet metal.

No mess and easy to use on thin products.

Eblag'ed myself one, and building up a set.