90 vs 110 - serious questions needing serious answers

For scenario1 I don't think it matters whether you have a 90 or 110

but what tyres you have on your vehicle.

I recommend Cooper M+S for winter/ snow driving conditions. Forget AT tyres

they are a stopgap.

they are a stopgap.

Above all the most important bit is the space between the drivers ears :lol:

they are a stopgap.

I run A/T's as my all year round normal use tyre.

The question was meant to see if, for example, consensus would be that a 90 would slide becuase it's too short or a 110 would get stuck becuase it's too long. As it turned out, there was little difference. It's about contrasting the vehicles.

I've owned a 110, but never a 90 only Series 88s hence having to ask.

Found a maybe, will all depend on how much we can raise ebaying our worldly goods in the next couple of weeks!

It's on a classified ad on th same auction site, but (gulp) £3,500.

d52f_3.JPG

Needs some tidying and a few jobs doing. It's done 152k on a Tdi on a 'K' with ****ty doors.

The roof rack and the bushwires will have to go, that's a certainty!

What do you guys think?

Found a maybe, will all depend on how much we can raise ebaying our worldly goods in the next couple of weeks!

It's on a classified ad on th same auction site, but (gulp) £3,500.

Needs some tidying and a few jobs doing. It's done 152k on a Tdi on a 'K' with ****ty doors.

The roof rack and the bushwires will have to go, that's a certainty!

What do you guys think?

I don't know that prices in NI are that representative, (and I never know what age your UK plate letters are) but I paid 3KStg for a 91, 200tdi. It had 150k on the clock at the time, a few years back.

Doors were falling off at the time, and still are :D

Don't like those wheels <_<

Is that a brownchurch roof rack? I wouldn't be without mine, but horses for courses etc.

Guest dew110CSW

Don't see what this bad press for the TD is, mine runs perfectly. Ok I admit they have some bad press and can be a bit tempremental at times, but treat them well and they run nicely. Mine cruises at 75 for fun and will keep up with most traffic in "Spirited" Driving. Ok a TDi may be a better choice, but if your budget is tight a TD is not a bad choice.

Don't see what this bad press for the TD is, mine runs perfectly. Ok I admit they have some bad press and can be a bit tempremental at times, but treat them well and they run nicely. Mine cruises at 75 for fun and will keep up with most traffic in "Spirited" Driving. Ok a TDi may be a better choice, but if your budget is tight a TD is not a bad choice.

Yes, don't worry mate i'm not ignoring you. ;) I'm still in the running for the 'G' plate TD on fleabay.

BUT i'm willing to spend more of what we currently don't have on a Tdi because it will last longer. Love or hate the TD or the Tdi, that's a simple fact because it's newer and acknowledged as one of the best ever L/R engines.

Guest dew110CSW

I know it isn't, but at the time my budget was barely enough to get a Coiler, so to find one with a Tubby as well was a real bonus. Ok I'd love a TDi, but not in this truck. The Girlfriend wants it so I'll be getting a nice 300tdi CSW and she can have the TD.

I know it isn't, but at the time my budget was barely enough to get a Coiler, so to find one with a Tubby as well was a real bonus. Ok I'd love a TDi, but not in this truck. The Girlfriend wants it so I'll be getting a nice 300tdi CSW and she can have the TD.

300 Tdi? Flash bugger. :D

We'll see which one comes to fruition. If it's the TD i have some cash left over for winch, snorkel and dog guard.

If it's a Tdi then i have to be more careful with mud and water, can't pull the roof trusses up and have to cover the seats with cloths!

:D :D

Right then, i know i've said we want a 110, but we've just got back from going to look at a 90 TD Hard Top. It was 1989 vintage with 89k on the clock and a host of past MOT's and receipts. It's got alloys, clean interior and an 'A' bar.

Offered the chap (dealer) £1,800 but he wanted £2k and wouldn't budge. Purely because he wouldn't negotiate i walked away!

I'm quite proud of myself for not buckling when looking at a new Landy, normally they all have to come home!

Had a look at the Hard Top 200Tdi 110 that's on buy-now at Brightwells. They want minimum £1,700 and it needs seats, doors, top of bulkhead and that's as far as i got before i decided it was overpriced...

I have a feeling i might not find a new truck.

Got a chap coming to see the Rangey this evening too :(

Got a chap coming to see the Rangey this evening too :(

It gets worse, he's having my Rangey :( :(

Once i've sold my DoKa as well we'll start looking again.

Then again i must just say "fxxx it" and put one on my credit card at Brightwells next tuesday...

You could always lend me yours... ;)

Was it 1992 when the Tdi first went into the 90 & 110?

lend you mine --- not in a million yaers or pounds, love it far to much.

200Tdi was fitted from Aug/Sept 1990 [1991 model year change over] when the Defender name was first used.

Guest dew110CSW
I think you and I must have the only two SW's made :lol:

Erm, Ralph's is a County, like mine is.

Nothing wrong with an SW, but it's worth the little extra for a CSW if you can find one.