90 vs 110 - serious questions needing serious answers

I meant for completed 300Tdi Engine auctions not complete vehicles :rolleyes:

There's a 200 Tdi with no mileage information, absolutely complete with loom and rad, just sold on ebay a little over £250.

There are a couple of Defender Tdi engine's with buy-it-now of £450- 500.

They'll bolt up to a V8 'box in a 110 i reckon, should be an LT77s isn't it?

NEW PLAN:

110 V8 CSW, sub-£1k needing work

200 Tdi complete engine £500

Odd & sods £250 (for overhaul and installation)

Circa £1750 = 200 Tdi with overhauled engine.

Huzzah! :D

V8's have either the 4 speed LT95 or the later ones have the 5 sped LT85, not sure if these will mate to a 200Tdi, you might need to find the gearbox as well LT77 is easy to fit, R380 a bit harder if you can't find the correct shart shaft box & clutch housing

Guest dew110CSW

I think there was a V8 LT-77, Pretty sure I've heard of that before. wither it was fitted to OneTens or not is another question

URGENT ! DUNC I might have found your baby, Look on Auto Trader , Land rover , Defender. Under £3000 Nice looking! 110 sw full roof rack, in green , 1 years mot , 4 months tax, 1984, 2.8 isuzu lump £1700 ono. phone no. 07960 886290. NOT mine honest guv. its 161 miles from N.Kent so could be up your way!

URGENT ! DUNC I might have found your baby, Look on Auto Trader , Land rover , Defender. Under £3000 Nice looking! 110 sw full roof rack, in green , 1 years mot , 4 months tax, 1984, 2.8 isuzu lump £1700 ono. phone no. 07960 886290. NOT mine honest guv. its 161 miles from N.Kent so could be up your way!

Thanks Dude, i'll go and have a look.

Just need to save up for the Tdi conversion then... :ph34r:

That's a nice one.

Phoning tomorrow to ask some questions.

I'm not a fan of the Isuzu conversion, but we'll see.

Emailed another one on there i found.

It's listed as a Defender, but it's on an 'H' plate so must be a very early 200Tdi or a typo. The bonnet has a Defender badge and the wing looks to have a Tdi decal. It's got 150k on the clock, but it's far enough under £2k to make it worth a credit card bending until the DoKa sells!

110onautotrader.jpg

I have to say, the more i look at the 'suspected' Tdi the more i like it!

I can see it now in tangiers orange with black chequer plate accoutrements, snorkel, Matt Lee 5 spokes, winch bumper, 2" lift...

:wub:

H reg is defo a 200Tdi/LT77 combination, Defender badge above grille is correct for a factory 200Tdi of that reg year.just checked the ad for it & the mileage would lead me to believe it's a genuine article, tyres look a bit small, but could be it's got non standard suspension, wheels aren't rated for a 110's all up weight,

Explain please mate. :huh:

I thought factory L/R's ran freestyle alloys?

110's [later models, have the boost alloys as a option, but quite a lot of 300Tdi/Td5 110CSW have them fitted, those Freestyles on the 110 above are fine on a 90/Disco/RR but a 110 is a much heavier vehicle & at it's maximum gross [fully loaded] weight those alloy wheels don't have the reserve capacity to be able to handle the weight for continued use.

IMHO the XD/Wolf aka HD wheels are the best looking & are the only ones for a 110 :D

Guest diesel_jim
110's [later models, have the boost alloys as a option, but quite a lot of 300Tdi/Td5 110CSW have them fitted, those Freestyles on the 110 above are fine on a 90/Disco/RR but a 110 is a much heavier vehicle & at it's maximum gross [fully loaded] weight those alloy wheels don't have the reserve capacity to be able to handle the weight for continued use.

IMHO the XD/Wolf aka HD wheels are the best looking & are the only ones for a 110 :D

My Td5 110 had deep dish alloys.

very similar to the boosts, but slightly different design.

still good looking though. although you'll need spacers to fit the "early" (pre 300Tdi) 23 spline axles. otherwise you need to do a bit of grinding and the middle rubber hub cap pokes through the rim..... ugly!

My Td5 110 had deep dish alloys.

very similar to the boosts, but slightly different design.

Probably similar tp the ones i had on my 110, although mine came from eBay!

Talking of ebay, found a normally aspirated 'C' plate 110 Hard Top that's has 2 windows put in, no bids at £999 start.

If we can't find something horrendously cheap at the auctions tomorrow, might have a dabble at that one.

No joy with either of the ones in autotrader. :(

Chaps,

Just been offered a 110 V8 on a second-chance-offer on eBay.

It failed its MOT because of rot between front and rear driver's side door.

Got to reply by tomorrow, so need your advice to how weldable that particular bit is and if anyone does a repair panel.

I can save for a diesel engine because we'll be on minimal miles with it.

Here it is;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...W:IT&ih=016

189c_1.JPG

bottom of the B post [upright between doors] is welded to the sill side frame, the rear door & lower hinge will have to come off to effect a repair. don't think I've ever seen a repair part for it, though as it a box section it should be reasonablt easy to fix.