90 vs 110 - serious questions needing serious answers

bottom of the B post [upright between doors] is welded to the sill side frame, the rear door & lower hinge will have to come off to effect a repair. don't think I've ever seen a repair part for it, though as it a box section it should be reasonablt easy to fix.

Thanks Ralph, that's what i wanted to know.

I thought it would be flat steel, and it's well within budget which leaves room for repairs and almost all the money needed for a Tdi conversion.

To be honest I wouldn't rush this. Those are the faults that he is aware of but what else is actually there? If it's needed all those new bits what is the rest like? There are better vehicles out there.

Having spoken to him on email, he seems pretty genuine and it's had the bits done over quite a while in line with regular servicing and maintenance.

There's almost enough in my budget for the necessary bits to put the Tdi in now, which would be nice.

I'll sleep on it.

Don't be suprised if you end up thinking things like "Oh Dunc, what have you done now?" in the near future though... :blink:

Dunc, there's a lot better 110's out there this one for instance & this one looks tidy most likely still within your budget, that one looks well used & needs work to be good

The red one is over our budget unfortunately, looks just like what we want.

I don't really want a V8, so wiht the other one having 5 days to go means it's going to be heading up a bit pricewise.

The one i've got the 2nd chance on is cheap and leaves me budget to get all the bits for a Tdi.

I'm not shy of a bit of work and there's just something that appeals to me about it...

Oh, i don't bloody know. :angry: Bloody Land Rovers. Why couldn't i prefer Mondeos or something?

If it has gone on the bottom of the B pillars, chances are that most of the side frame will be 'well used'. These are a favourite rot spot on 110 CSW's and replaceable - but like hens teeth to find and £££££'s.

Yes, i've noticed they aren't cheap, Kieth Gott has got Genuine Parts side frames for £352.50 the pair.

552c_12.JPG

On the plus side Paddock have got the L/H frame for £116, pattern parts.

Still thinking.

Guest diesel_jim

I've just bought a complete 110 SW body... and the person who removed it dismantled the above ^^^^ sills with an angle grinder...... :angry::angry::angry:

Ah well, at least i can change them whilst the body is off of the vehicle!

Lots of people *list* them but no-one ever bluddy *has* any - they're on back order from LR until the galaxy collapses in on itself I believe :rolleyes:

At £350 a pair that buys a *lot* of welding - hell that buys you a crappy welder AND some tin to do the job with :blink: I re-made mine - sill, bottom of B-pillars and C-pillars, it was a PITA because of the fiddly bits but it's basically just square folds, if you only had to do the bottom bit of the pillar you could probably beat it round in a vice. The door bolts go through tubes (not too hard to add) although if you've lost the little recess they are set in that is a bit more fun - doable, but fiddly.

At £350 a pair that buys a *lot* of welding - hell that buys you a crappy welder AND some tin to do the job with I re-made mine - sill, bottom of B-pillars and C-pillars, it was a PITA because of the fiddly bits but it's basically just square folds, if you only had to do the bottom bit of the pillar you could probably beat it round in a vice. The door bolts go through tubes (not too hard to add) although if you've lost the little recess they are set in that is a bit more fun - doable, but fiddly.

Fridge,

how long did the bludy thing take you to make ???? :wacko:

Slindon1.jpg

You know i love your truck anyway Will.

I really don't know whether to risk this V8 110, even though my Dad told me not to because the frames will be at least 6 months wait... He works for L/R.

All i keep thinking is that £700 is cheap for a 110 and with our budget being so low it may be the only one we can afford.

Have to decide before 20:14 because that's when the offer ends.

This is turning into an AGONY AUNT colum for wanabee (again) landrover owners. Now then dunc, do you want a 110 csw or ht. cos if a ht will do then check this out , on another forum :ph34r: www.landroveraddict.com for sale section,half way down page (at moment,) 200 td1 AUTO, ht, "overland vehicle ready to do it again", massive wheels,auto box, solar panels, x plate interior like you NEVER seen before,prob get it for under 3k cetainly looks THE PART, bags of character, same way Exmoors has character, bit battered but you cant stop looking at it, a "been there" look that all the stickers and bolt on bling wont get you. any way check it out, After all this you'll prob bugga off and buy a Renault.

After all this you'll prob bugga off and buy a Renault.

Excuse me? :blink:

Never thought of myself being a wannabe Land Rover owner.

I suppose it might be true, after all i always want another one regardless of how many i have.

In answer to your question about H/T or SW, we really need the 5 door layout for seating and then the rear for carrying. That's why trucks like Will's and the ex-Mountain Rescue one i found would be perfect. Unfortunately they're out of our budget.

Got beaten to the Disco we found, 'N' plater with only 66k on the clock, £1,650. Would have done the job for a while, at least until we could raise more budget for our 110.

We're off to the auctions on tuesday, see what we can find there.

Thanks Steve, thanks Ralph.

I hadn't seen that one. I'm guessing i shouldn't worry about it having 200k on the clock?

I had a phone call from a dealer down your way, Tredown Land Rovers, who've got a 90 Tdi with 149k on the clock that they'll do for £2k including vat. It's the edge of our budget but we really need to get sorted asap.