HD Springs

Baldewin

Yes.

My 90 was an ex-FFR and after I had completely stripped all the junk out of it the springs were a little on the hard side, there was no body roll on fast corners but likewise there was little absorbsion of bumps! I think that articulation was severely restricted as the springs were just too stiff for an unlaiden vehicle.

I fitted a set of std height HD springs (+15% over standard) and DC gas shocks and after I had got over the initial feeling that the springs were now too soft (going from one to the other takes some getting used to) I really like it. The ride is much more comfortable yet load carrying ability is still very good (only had it on the bump stops once!) and body roll is minimal. Standard springing feels soooooo soft now.

Guest diesel_jim

Yeah, i think all military 90 and 110 have HD rear springs. they're only the same as civilian HD rears (NRC9462 RH and NRC9463 LH)

when carrying a good weight, they allow very good articulation, but if you're empty, as you've found, they can be limiting.