New family member

After failing to buy one at Brightwells last week I was sent the unsold list from this week's auction. I went up there, haggled badly and spent loads more then my budget on this one...

post-209-1185532761_thumb.jpg

An '04 110 with 50k and a near mint interior.

This is the good side, it needs a new NS wing outer, new NS rear passenger door and some hammering/filler in the rear wing. The rear light panel also needs replaced but this was all reflected in the price and I think I did OK. :)

As an aside, and an addendum to my "What is it worth post", I have found the ex-police one I bid on last week. I stopped at my 10k budget and the car went for £10,100 IIRC. I was pretty peeved. :( Anyway, I am almost certain that this is the same car. Perhaps it was a bargain at 10k after all?

Chris

After failing to buy one at Brightwells last week

Chris

Congrats on your purchase but.....

It doesnt look right without the power bulge in the Bonnet and whats they flaps under the windscreen for :D

Ewww its one of them old ones with legroom fitted :ph34r:

Guessing that it was under your budget, that must be a pretty good price for a 3 year old vehicle in the UK even with a little work required?

Leg room? Not compared to the 90! I need to find where the leg room all went to on the later models.

Budget? HA! Spent the whole 110 budget, all the money I had saved towards buying a motorbike in the autumn as well as all of our holiday money. ;) Look out for some stuff going on Ebay in the near future. :)

Chris

I meant legroom compared to the new 07MY with a three foot thick dash :)

Mine's comfortable enough compared to the 90 (which was a 2004 so had the newer seats) but I am sure there is less room than there is in an old 110SW though I haven't done a kneecaps to dashboard measurement or anything. They have definitely changed something but I've never really tried to figure out what.

looks like a bloody good buy, just transfer over the gbmud characteristics from the 90 and she will be a good'un

That's why he bought the one with a few dents in the wing and door, so he wouldn't have too! ;);)

I would say you that you got it at a really good price. Well done

Steve

I meant legroom compared to the new 07MY with a three foot thick dash :)

Mine's comfortable enough compared to the 90 (which was a 2004 so had the newer seats) but I am sure there is less room than there is in an old 110SW though I haven't done a kneecaps to dashboard measurement or anything. They have definitely changed something but I've never really tried to figure out what.

Stephen,, after 2 months with the 07, have not noticed any difference to the TD5, re legroom, certainly not for me anywhy!!

Chris,, as Mo would put it,, welcome to the "Barge Club" :D