Current LR Engines

The TDV6, Supercharged V8, and n/a V8 and 2.2TD4 of the current generation Land Rovers also shared with other Ford family members?

I think that some are Jags?

Are they in anything else in the Ford stable - Volvo etc?

What gearboxes are on the back of these engines, not just Land Rover installs?

Has the traditional Ford logic of common bellhousing patterns been retained?

Also does it mean that other Ford family motors could also be put into LR products?

Such as the volvo 5cyl 2.5 turbo as found in the Focus asbo?

As usual with such swaps, i know there is more involved than just swapping, but i have been pondering things, even, dare i say it, beyond the green oval stable.

Cheers.

The TDV6, Supercharged V8, and n/a V8 and 2.2TD4 of the current generation Land Rovers also shared with other Ford family members?

Either Jag engines or used in Jags certainly. The 2.2 is in the X type I believe, TDV6 is similar but not identical to the S-type diesel (S type has twin turbos) and I think the V8s are the same engines (more or less) as the XJ saloons.

The 3.2 petrol in the Freelander 2 is a Volvo engine, I don't know of any others.

Lion engines (the TDV6 and 8) are a joint venture with Ford and PSA, and as such feature in ford and PSA products in various guises. TD4 is not the same as the engine in X type, it is another joint Ford/PSA engine code name DW12, its probably in a lot of recent Ford and PSA cars but I dont know which

The AJV8 is Jaguar originally, however the newer engines (in 2010 MY products) are pretty much joint Jag/LR

Umm, I think the TDV8 is going in somthing else other than PSA/Jag/LR if it isnt already, PM me if you really want to know

What gearboxes are on the back of these engines, not just Land Rover installs?

ZF in the longitudinal mounts, Getrag in the transverse. ZF auto's are ZF6HP26 main boxes and Borg Warner T/boxes

Has the traditional Ford logic of common bellhousing patterns been retained?

You wish :lol:

Also does it mean that other Ford family motors could also be put into LR products?

Such as the volvo 5cyl 2.5 turbo as found in the Focus asbo?

Not likely, you could probably put the focus 5cyl turbo in Freelander2 but thats about it i think

PM me if you really really want to know more

Lewis :)