Indicators

Guest dew110CSW

Guest dew110CSW

Posting from G/Fs laptop so bear with me...

Coming up here today the Indicators seem to have wanted a day off, I've lost the drivers side front and repeator. Half of me feels it's the Lucarse wanting to be silly as it's done it before but come back on once it's dried out, but this time they don't seem to want to play.

Guest dew110CSW

Indeed it is, flashing a lot faster than normal though (I know they do that when they have a problem) All were working perfect yestaday.

check the bulbs any way as the front 21 watt may have given up, the side repaeter is a 5 watt,

I had a front go when i had my 110, it took the repeater out as it need he front to be there for the circuit.

Guest dew110CSW

Sorted it, don't know what we did but took the system apart, put it back together and it works. Strange Strange system...

Check that the fuses and the fuse holders are all clean (read shiny). The older ones like ours with glass fuses are susceptible to a bit of oxidation. A good clean up will often solve many mystery electrical problems.

HTH

Mo

Guest dew110CSW

Ok it's not sorted. Well sometimes it is, but then suddenly they'll stop again, then next time be good. Bloody stange things...

Guest dew110CSW

It's just the drivers front two though, all the others are fine. The rear flashes fast but that's just to show theres a problem with the system.

It's just the drivers front two though, all the others are fine. The rear flashes fast but that's just to show theres a problem with the system.

Try stripping down the bulb holders. The earth can get a bit corroded and cause problems like you are experiencing.

Guest dew110CSW

Is the earth the small piece that comes out from behind the bulb and attaches to one of the screws? In which case it is quite badly corroded.

The earth wire on the wing repeater then feeds into a multi connector just behind the headlamp which will have about four feeds coming out for the side/indicator/hadlamp - which then feeds into the loom earth connection.

These multi connectors get a little corroded and sometimes just a bit of a wobble about will sort it and make the earth good again - if both fronts have stopped I would suggest this is the cause.