2007 Model Defender Head count ?

Well it now seams they are all coming out of the woodwork :D I was just wondering, just how many of us have taken the plunge :unsure:

Go on then lets list them, together with a pic and Mods so far !!

Start the ball, Mine 110 SW XS in Carins Blue, 7 seats

100_2866.jpg

Adjustable Towbar

Black wing Tops

Warn winch

Front A Bar

Pioneer Sat nav/DVD

Patriot Rack with Awning

Just don't look right CLEAN! Get out there and get the blurdy things covered in muck already!

I was wallowing in muck before you were born sonny :lol:

Seeing how much you enjoy taking photos of mudflaps here's gratuitous pic just for you of a bit of splatter over mine as a result of having to cross some stubble fields yesterday

med_gallery_12_276_17026.jpg

A few questions for owners.

Do you prefer it over a 300TDI/TD5?

For business users, is it possible to reclaim the VAT on the SW with panelled rear windows?

Do the doors fit?

On the face of it a 110 SW is a lot of money for what it is, however, have you found the cost of running and changing newish ones for new ones camparitively acceptable? Presumably the answer is yes because you have done it, I guess I'm asking if running a 110 has made financial sense compared to say a Disco?

For business users, is it possible to reclaim the VAT on the SW with panelled rear windows?

Do the doors fit?

On the face of it a 110 SW is a lot of money for what it is, however, have you found the cost of running and changing newish ones for new ones camparitively acceptable? Presumably the answer is yes because you have done it, I guess I'm asking if running a 110 has made financial sense compared to say a Disco?

Yes

Don't Know

Yes

Defender makes more sense than a Disco in financial and every other term.

Do the doors fit?

Yes

Ask your accountant.

Do the doors fit?

Better than previous models yes.

I took very little loss on the late TD5 I traded in so the additional I had to stump up for the new one was acceptable. Having owned and run several of both (110 /Disco) the 110 makes more sense for me and my needs at the moment. Depreciation is less on the Defender than the Discovery.

Do the doors fit?

yes i kiiled my TD5 with over use and its a bit hard to live with

yes you can clam vat back i have been told by land rover RE: defender 110 sw utility pack its classed as a car so is subject to the full company tax to mr brown

do the doors fit read my other post about my alarm

don't know have a double cab have been told by lr double cab in xs spec is the best buy for the money paid 19k + vat for my TD5 part Exchanged For £13500+vat after two years and thecompany can write of 50% in the first year new one cost a bit more but the monthy payments went down by 60 a month

dan

Ask your accountant.

I have previously reclaimed for a 90 hard top, commercial Disco and 12 seater 110. My accountant was not too happy with the 110.

Put another way, is the 110 SW with panelled rear classes as a commercial vehicle or not?

A 07MY 110 SW is classed as a commercial vehicle (and therefore VAT is recliamable through a VAT registered company) whether it has the utility pack or not as the payload is over a 1000kg.

This was the case on Td5 post a factory build date sometime in 04 (can't remember exact date) with alloys factory fitted; and is the case with all 07MY 110's (even without the alloys on 07MY I think, although I would need to check that 1).

If the vehicle has been in private ownership first however it looses its VAT status.

The Puma engine gets much looser from new with mileage than the Td5's did. I still can't stand the speed limiter; makes motorway overtaking a major pain in the arse!

Hopefully my third 07 should be on the road tomorrow; a 110 XS DC in Keswick Green.

Mark.

Guest dew110CSW
Hopefully my third 07 should be on the road tomorrow; a 110 XS DC in Keswick Green.

Some Piccies of that one please - Keswick Green is about the best IMO of the current colours (No Bonatti BOOO!)

Dan, If you killed your TD5 with over use what sort of use and mileage did you put on it?

it was only when i got the new one and drove a very late o6 td5 that my one seemed so worn out

it had 28 thousand miles when i partex it in

but it had done just under two years of the blackwall tunnel town driving i was on the second set of pedal rubbers and floor mats

steering wheel was worn to a car with say 90 thousand miles second seat base and the leather on the gear stickhad worn off

its not the miles its the hours i spend in the car had a site in pymouth last year so used to drive down and back to greenwich in the same day two times a week that 8 hours a day on the road for twenty weeks + the two hour a day normal + london to norwich two times a week the hours soon add up

the drive was not very firm as if the bushes were very worn its only when i jumped in a very late 06 td5 wow my one seemed to be shagged gear box was a real pain after a long motor way drive it was a fight to get third

any way its gone and not missed its up for 18k +vat :D

got a site in winsor now i go all the way round the m25 just for fun as its soooo nice to drive now with me ipod thing and me 6 speed box

dan

post-2165-1185864010_thumb.jpg

I think it is an improvement on the TD5, but is lacking in power when towing. Build quality seems better, mine only leaks a little on the passengers foot, I have done 7500 miles, half of it on French motorways and it is quieter and less hassled at speed. The bonnet is growing on me! :)

My current mods -

Larger intercooler

ECU remap

Speed limiter mod

Free flow washable air filter element

Non CAT downpipe and centre silencer replacement

Gas injection

Lowered 30mm

OME gas shocks

Bilstein steering damper

Long range fuel tank

Silverline 18" wheels