Quick 110 300Tdi chassis question

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I'm just getting some work done on my HD 110 chassis, and i tried fitting the R380 gearbox crossmember (as it had the V8/Td5 type previously).

anyway, some of the bolt holes lined up, some didn't, which i thought was strange. crawling under my 300Tdi 90, all the bolt holes are used, so i was wondering if there is a different (special?) R380 gearbox crossmember for 110's? my microcat only shows ANR6386 for 90 or 110, nothing to differentiate between the two

Could anyone who has a 300Tdi 110 with R380 have a look for me and see which bolts are used?

here's what mine looks like:

as you can see, the lower bolt hole (where the red circle is) doesn't line up with the hole in the crossmember (due to the 110 chassis being deeper than that of a 90 one... on my 90, both top and bottom holes line up)

post-130-1185723141_thumb.jpg

on this one, the two red holes line up OK, but the blue one doesn't. not a problem, i can drill that through.

post-130-1185723162_thumb.jpg

thanks all.

Guest dew110CSW
I've just been out under mine.... The grass is WET :D I can't see much because of the gearbox. I'll have another crawl under tomorrow.

mike

Might be easier to look at by lifting out the access panel under the centre seat.

No good me looking, TD & LT-77.

Might be easier to look at by lifting out the access panel under the centre seat.

No good me looking, TD & LT-77.

You could be right but there is no chance of that happening. The Defender is half packed ready to go to the shipping company on Thursday....

Guest diesel_jim

Thanks Mike.

i don't suppose there is any chance of you (or anyone else) measuring how "tall" the side plate of the outrigger is? (the flat piece that sits onto the side of the chassis rail) (red arrows on the the attached pic)

i'm thinking that mine must be for a 90 or disco, and hence it's not as tall. or 110's have a second set of holes for 300Tdi's?

post-130-1185887002_thumb.jpg

Weigh up Jim.

That crossmember is different on mine. I'll go and struggle with a camera.

The measurement you wanted is 7 11/16" as near as I can make it. The hole at the top of the chassis isn't used......

The crossmember is traingulated at the front as well at the back. Polygone shape ??? :D

mike

Guest diesel_jim
Weigh up Jim.

That crossmember is different on mine. I'll go and struggle with a camera.

The measurement you wanted is 7 11/16" as near as I can make it. The hole at the top of the chassis isn't used......

The crossmember is traingulated at the front as well at the back. Polygone shape ??? :D

mike

Hmm... mine is that sort of shape, and about that height as well.

when you say "the hole at the top of the chassis isn't used" do you mean neitehr of the holes line up with each other? what about the holes at the front/top of the crossmember?

sorry for all the Q's!

Quick chassis question you said Jim :blink: Right oh then..... :D

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.... Is it ?? LOL

img6293vp8.th.jpg

Left side of chassis inside. I've chalked the crossmember at chassis.

There is another bolt above the one you can see as in your picture

img6294gj6.th.jpg

Front of crossmember left side of chassis.

The top bolt is impossible to see here. It's hidden behind the gearbox mounting. I only found it by feeling with my fingers....

mike

Guest diesel_jim

AHA!!! Sussed it!!!! :D:D:D:D

I'm using the wrong crossmember. i just compared it to my 90 (300Tdi) one, and they're different. the 90 one looks like it'll work OK.,

cheers Mike, the pics were a great help.

Jamie