how to upset the neigbors with a o7 double cab

i am now not the best loved neigbor

look he as got a new land rover

then it got upset at being left out side started play games friday night woud not lock from the remote horn beeped at me

went round opened and close all doors ok

alarm went off four time up till about ten so i went out and told it off said i would send it back to land rover all ok

got upset on monday morning at 1 am 3am and 6am have you herd how loud the alarm is :o

its back at the dealers some thing about the bolts are the wrong size stopping the doors closing tight againts the door light switch

which set the alarm off

dan

What bolts? There are only the hinge fixings one side and the door latches are adjustable anyway. Sounds like dealer BS to me. My last TD5 would occasionally sound its alarm in the wee hours of the morning but that was down to the pressure switch kicking in when the pressure dropped in the onboard air tank.

I'm having the same with my 06 TD5.

Alot of my neighbors work late or night shift, so I am not the flavor of the month at the moment.

The problem first showed up after I washed the 110, the alarm went off after 2 hours, it now goes off when its rains, I have been in contact with the dealer on the phone who says he cant disconnect it.

I thought this was a one off problem with it after the wash, as it didnt reoccur for a week even in heavy rain, but the problem showed up again in the last few days and twice in the last few hours.

Its driving the neighbours mad, plus I can't lock the doors any more due to the fact the alarm may go off.

Any suggestions ?

Can't be the first defender that has this problem.

Glen

What bolts? There are only the hinge fixings one side and the door latches are adjustable anyway. Sounds like dealer BS to me. My last TD5 would occasionally sound its alarm in the wee hours of the morning but that was down to the pressure switch kicking in when the pressure dropped in the onboard air tank.

G'day everyone - a new poster here. Firstly - nice truck, Daniel - I have ordered a 110 myself, which is still a couple of months off but I am enjoying reading about everyone's rigs - they do look like a good thing - I haven't even seen one yet and I've already ordered it and sacrificed my first born to pay the ransom and all the stuff that goes with it.

Does sound like Stealer BS to me too though - the Aussie Stealers are a bunch of Crown and Anchors in the main - they'll tiddle in your pocket at the first opportunity - if if were true, the problem would have revealed itself the first time you locked it - not some time later. Good luck with getting it sorted though - I hope mine has this same problem though as my neighbours on one side are real A-holes and could do with a serve of LR music at 2am!

Can someone post a shot of the central dash up close? I'm trying to work out if there is a spot to stick a UHF radio at the bottom of the consol - maybe by ditching the ash tray or whatever is there - I can't make it out from any pictures I've seen to date.

Cheers,

DD.